Stuck headlight sprayer | FerrariChat

Stuck headlight sprayer

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by fastmnstealth, Jun 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastmnstealth

fastmnstealth Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2017
    MN
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've got a stuck headlight sprayer. The cover gets stuck behind the bumper cover. I can get it to free if I push the bumper down flush (between headlight and sprayer), but it just gets stuck again.

I believe I have to pull the bumper to get access to the mechanism. Before I go through all that work, I thought I'd ask if anyone knew of an adjustment once I got in there? Anyone have any pictures?

When I was able to get it to pop up, I grabbed the sprayer before it dropped and I didn't see that there was an adjustment.

I've attached pictures of both sprayers. Notice the drivers side sprayer is pretty flush and works well. The passenger side is recessed and does not pop up.

Thanks,

Mark

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Do you have any plastic protection vinyl on the surface??

SV

3. fastmnstealth

fastmnstealth Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2017
    MN
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, the bumper and sprayers have PPF'd. I don't think that is the issue though because I've seen pictures of the car before I had PPF installed and the same issue exists (recessed sprayer). I was thinking that the car was PPF'd for a previous owner and the PPF was removed before me purchasing. Maybe the installer pushed to heavily on the sprayer cover and knocked it out of adjustment? Not sure, just wondering.

It seems like if the sprayer didn't drop below the bumper, it would come up the next time. It is hanging on the bumper strip between sprayer and headlight. Wondering if there is some kind of adjustment before I pull bumper. Kind of a big job. I'd like to resolve the issue though as it is spraying inside the bumper currently.

Mark

4. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    You can pull it by Hand out.disconect the cap .its easy.inside the Plastik Cover is loose.thats Why its so Deep.you can fix this with Glass
    Silikon.black..wait one das for drying
    Had the same issues.