Portofino as a daily driver | FerrariChat

Portofino as a daily driver

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Florida Joe, Jun 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    For those of you that have had your PF's for a bit, how have they been as a daily driver if you use it as so?

I have had 2 seater cars for 12 years so not a big deal carrying passengers.

2. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    I love it. For everyday driving, going from place to place, I find myself engine it more than the V12 lusso and 812. It's relatively nimble and the drop-top can add some excitement to some boring days. The interior is very modernized, probably the best sports car interior in the market.

There are a couple of problems I run into tho.
    Speed limited - I have been driving V12's for years, NA engine at higher gear on cruise speed typically gets very stable, you press the throttle a bit more or a bit less wouldn't matter that match. I find myself always driving over the speed limited in the Portofino, just slightly more throttle would get the speed climbing rapidly. I'm probably just not getting used to it yet.
    Trunk - The trunk got a funky shape, not so convenient to use for supermarket runs.

3. Cabernet

Cabernet Rookie

Aug 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Madsen
    BLAMPEE likes this.
  4. cpd1

cpd1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    C
    Great for daily driving. Picked one up a couple of weeks ago. It is so good in fact that I will return my Tesla MS in October at the end of the lease and use the Portofino for few months, rotating with the 812 to keep the mileage under control ;)
    I don't have to commute to the city for a long while but such an easy car to drive, yet plenty of power and in the warmer months dropping the roof is awesome. Had a 488 Spider previously, different beast, easy to drive but more challenging as a daily. The Porto, you can just pile on the miles.

Florida Joe and tomc like this.
  5. Mizio

Mizio Rookie

Aug 27, 2017
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
  6. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    Thks for the feedback. I wasn't going to get the folding rear seats but this shows me they would be good to have.