360 dropping in neutral. PIS? | FerrariChat

360 dropping in neutral. PIS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by imahorse, Jun 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    When I bought my 360, the dealer knew very little about it. It was sold as a project car. I inquired about the clutch life which they said had 40% left. 3 years and 5,000 miles later, it would sometimes drop into neutral during shift changes. I assumed that it was the clutch reaching the end of it's life and ordered a new one. I was going to do the major first and when I went to lock the flywheel I noticed that the friction plate was just about as thick as the new one. Could the PIS or other parameters be off? I've never *knock on wood* had the transmission light come on.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Take her to someone with an SD2, Leonardo or equivalent and have the system serviced and diagnosed. The F1 fluid should be changed every 3 years, system bled, self test and leak checks performed. Took Ferrari a while to figure this out. Slipping into neutral is the F1 system's safety net to ensure you do not end up stuck in gear on the road with no way to move her. Multiple reasons she could be doing that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

imahorse likes this.
  3. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I will be doing that, however, if it is that close to being locked in gear, wouldn't there be a light?

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Not necessarily.

5. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017