Official Ferrari California Picture Thread | Page 39 | FerrariChat

Official Ferrari California Picture Thread

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by furious_ferrari, Aug 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
  2. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Anyone here added the CF vents?

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    So I managed to visit my favourite city park over the weekend.

It was very hot in Toronto, with government make-work road repairs galore on top of all the pointless, unnecessary speed bumps put in by our anti-car city council. However despite the many confounding road blocks and closures I managed to get to the former entrance to my favourite place in the city.

The park was once a private estate and home to "Canada's most magnificent mansion" which the city council of the time also managed to callously destroy. This this old colourized B&W photo ahows what it looked like in the 30s. For perspective, I had parked about 10-20 feet back from the lower right corner depicted in the photo. Only the driveway remains and trees have now mostly taken over the original lawns. The site overlooks one of the ravines that feed into the Don River and many years ago I would spend happy hours training on its steep and picturesque trails when I worked and lived downtown.

For this trip, I brought along my mirrorless digital cameras as well as a hefty medium-format film camera kit, which conveniently added additional traction for my Cali. The medium-format film camera takes better photos than digital cameras but requires way more work and time to actually produce the photos. Here's the shady spot where I parked. Half of the piers to the old estate still remain at the entrance to the now public grounds. It would have been much nicer to park further down by the roundabout but the city closed the driveway to vehicle traffic so I had to park at the entrance.

I took the very long way to and fro so I could empty my tank while enjoying the route I took. Now I have to develop my film once I work up to a big enough batch.

SkiFreak, Justicepool and Avia11 like this.
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Cool pics. Sounds like a fun day.
    Film! As in silver salts and paper?
    T

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks. The park was also enjoyed by many small groups of adults and young families while I fiddled with my camera gear. My Cali also received its share of compliments, unnecessary apologies for ruining its photographs. It was nice to experience a semblance of normalcy.

Yes, I used both digital and old-fashioned film cameras. Well-designed film cameras and lenses are generally of higher quality and though they are much more difficult to use, they force you to think and take much more care setting up each shot. It's a bit like driving very edgy but ultimate performance cars vs "pedestrian automobiles". Revival of my former photography hobby was one of the things that took up much of my time, off-season.

I develop all my own films, B&W, colour negative and colour slides. I used to also print B&W and colour and still own the equipment but I no longer use a wet darkroom to print photos and use a high resolution scanner and high quality ink jet printer instead, for ultimate control. The choice of paper is also much more diverse. It's what many pros do nowadays.

tomc likes this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Nice!
    Swaters is a great looking blue.
    The two-tone look really looks good there.
    It's almost like a mini-SA Aperta! :)
    Enjoy. What's the interior look like?
    T

Brian Elliston and glob1971 like this.
  7. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    #958 glob1971, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Many thanks

I don’t have picture but it is Crema leather with Daytona seats front/back, and Alcantara black carpets. Dashboard black leather.

AD211 and tomc like this.
  8. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    4th_gear likes this.
  9. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
  10. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
  11. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    4th_gear and Justicepool like this.
  13. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    bianco avus

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  15. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    BLAMPEE and tomc like this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dubaicity likes this.
  17. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The weather has been amazing the last few weeks ...but just a bit too hot and sunny for top down driving. Here are a couple of shots I took along one of my routes. At one point as I turned into a tightly-forested narrow section I was greeted by a line of about 6-7 high-end supercar/hypercars. Most were Lambos but one looked like a red LaF... they're actually quite compact cars in the flesh. Anyway, everyone got excited and we all (tried to) revved our engines even though we were admittedly caught flat-footed as we were all respecting the folks who lived along that stretch of country road.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July celebration and July 1st, Canada Day!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  18. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
  19. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011