My 4th 458 is here... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My 4th 458 is here...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Jun 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I sold my first 458 spider because I tired of the compromise, and I had a self imposed rule of only one exotic at a time (Covid has taught me to waive that silly rule!).
    I drove this new 458 spider to Malibu tonight thru the canyons and despite being two years older and 3X the mileage, I think this car has less shimmy thru the steering wheel, which honestly was my biggest gripe previously. I need more seat time to tell, but first impression is this is a tighter (but not as noisy) car.
    After going thru Speciale, 488, Pista, McClarens, Performante and Lusso I am ready to accept the 458 spider is epic, with some flaws, and just deal with it and push 8/10ths instead of 10/10ths to the frustration point.
    I do daydream of getting another Performante though. Would be a great track car.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    NICEEEE congrats on a epic car @dustman
    Im so glad you got back to a 458k haha...you always talk about them.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Thx. I have to LOL at myself..4 of these dang cars.

Clay512TR likes this.
  4. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Just came back from Malibu this morning. Epic drive in my spider. My 3rd 458, and I don't think I will be matching the OP's record since I don't ever intend to sell this one, LOL!

IloveGT likes this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Good for you!
    Pics?

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats and welcome back to one of the best Ferrari’s ever made!

I know I will miss the orgasmic sound when you rev to 9000 RPM’s especially going through a tunnel. (Selling mine when my F8 arrives)

7. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Congratulations - beautifully specced car! I'm 6'5" and had to cancel my order before going "red 10" and really wish I had gotten the car somedays. Just wish they were just a tad bit larger inside so us bigger folk could fit in them for more than 20 minutes. :/

8. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    My thoughts exactly about the car. I have kept it longer than any other Ferrari I have purchased. Not surprised that it felt tighter, but don't be surprised if it feels looser the next time! And then tighter the next.
    I am convinced that the computers have so many algorithms and feedback loops that on any given day the car responds differently. I have driven the same roads 100 times and I swear I have had almost as many different opinions at the end of my drives.

FWIW mine is red, with race seats and red stitching but with black center stripe, cavallino and beige lower dash.
    BEST!!

dustman likes this.