Journey to making the car complete | FerrariChat

Journey to making the car complete

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Auraraptor, Jun 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #1 Auraraptor, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    My 575 was missing several odds and ends I am hoping to assemble. I might as well catalogue my experience here.

Step 1: Complete key fob set.

My car came with two black "F50" aka "guitar" keys and 2 black key fobs. No red fob or alarm code card. Thanks to Taz's advise, I reached out to gobble (Mark) here who will be making me a red fob + alarm code retrieval. Mark will provide a reproduction card as well so that is complete.

Mark's website had great instructions on out to get out the module itself. It only took 15 minutes, and I was going extremely slowly as to not drop / loose a washer/nut. My suggestion is put a white towel down to catch a dropped nut/washer without it rolling around/into a random crack. Be warned as well, the antenna is held on with this sticky goo. Best leave it alone!

I will update after I get back the module + fobs.

Upcoming Steps: Sourcing a complete Zivan charger, sourcing missing rear exhaust pipes (made several offers), updating the radio to a 599 headunit (just finished removing the sticky from the knobs; waiting on Becker in NJ to send a radio code), acquiring the correct CD changer magazines (car came with none, but I have a ton of late 90s BMW and late 90s/early 2000s Mercedes CD magazines around; I will try to see which fits best later after I dig them out of a box)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Make sure and get a US charger since the ROW uses 220 volts. Those Zivans have been notably unreliable to so best to just keep it in the trunk where the cuoio leather looks really nice and use a better charger if you need it. I just bought the case and put a CTEK inside.

Auraraptor likes this.
  3. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Step 1: Complete now with 3 fobs (2 black, 1 red) and proper ID card in with the manual.
    Step 2: Swap head unit.

I had a 599 head unit (BE 6111) I had sitting around for nearly a decade. I had originally planned on installing in my TR, but I never use the radio in the TR and thought it would look better in a 575...it does! Just note that if it gives a disabled countdown...you must wait the entire countdown with the ignition ON or it will reset every time you restart / turn on the radio (that was a waste of 2 hours). You can see it installed here; but I finally got it working! (not that I plan to use it much...)

Step 3: Zivan Charger

I was able to source a proper US spec charger. Given many units I saw were either euro-spec or missing some/all documentation, I took photos for everyone here. Note as Taz said, you want to make sure the specs are correct.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Robb and Qavion like this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    At one point there was a Zivan USA that serviced the units. Not sure if they are still around or not.

5. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Upcoming updates:

Step 4: Recreating the window sticker (sorting out what the actual MSRP/option costs were for my 04)
    Step 5: Car cover (Ordered/ waiting for arrival...there are two versions, you need to get the correct one)
    Step 6: Correct OEM radio (Ordered/ waiting for arrival...again there are multiple versions but only one technically correct version, after I get it I will post details of all the different types)
    Step 7: Replacement OEM maglite (Mine was DOA likely due to corroded batteries...I can't open it so they are most definitely dead but I refuse to pay >$250 for that thing...pro-tip do NOT store it with batteries inside!)

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Lithium batteries are considered long life and non-leaking (not Lithium-ion)

Auraraptor likes this.