Question for 16M owners and the lovely iPod touch :( | FerrariChat

Question for 16M owners and the lovely iPod touch :(

Discussion in '360/430' started by AlgaeHater, Jun 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    I am in the process of acquiring a lovely 16M and had a question about the factory installed iPod "radio" in the dash - yes I know the car is all about the engine/exhaust sound and not listening to music, but please hear me out. The thought of having a bricked, old iPod touch in the dash bothers me. Can any owners confirm that the iPod can be removed and a simple 30 pin to lighting adapter cable can be inserted to allow music/charging to work for a modern iPhone?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I believe the iPod was an option and so you should be able to find a 16M without it or at least replace the head unit with an OEM one.
    Good Luck, can't wait to see it, the 16M is one of my favorite modern Ferrari.

3. AlgaeHater

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    The 16M I'm purchasing has the iPod option. Replacing the head unit would be a major hassle since I would have to source the cf bezel.

I'm wondering if the Bovee BT dongle would work with the OEM setup?

4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    If it's the same as the regular 2009 F430 with the factory iPod connector, the Bovee BT won't work. It is a real iPod interface and wants to talk to the iPod. It does with fine with the Apple 30 pin to Lightening adapter and a lightening extension cable so that you don't have to put your phone in the glove box. The cable can simply drop down the corner of the back of the glovebox and run the cable around to where you need it.

5. AlgaeHater

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    Yeah, I've owned an F430 and 430 Scud and both had the Becker radio with iPod out. I'm just wondering if any 16M owners were able to connect a modern iPhone to the iPod in the dash setup. This setup is very different than the Becker DIN setup.