F355 HVAC ECU | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F355 HVAC ECU

Discussion in '348/355' started by baschul, Jun 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    Yeah, the repair guy fitted the standard chips (which I supplied). Speaking of which, my goodness! Be careful what shipping options you choose... It took something like 3 weeks for my chips to arrive out of China...

Kokose7en likes this.
  2. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    I believe some mini heat sinks could be stuck to the tops of the chips, like this one (self adhesive):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

phrogs and Qavion like this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Wouldn't the self-adhesion interfere with the heatsinking?

I believe some mobile (gaming) phones now have miniature fans in them. I wonder if they would help. Of course, if you introduce fans, you introduce dust, etc.

4. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    No, there are "heatsink" double sided tapes (in various thicknesses) as well as silicone thermal conductive adhesives. You can find them on Ebay.

Qavion and MAD828 like this.
  5. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Do you have a photo of the fixed Ecu? Is there anyone else w experience on the failed amplifiers?

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Not all ECU repairs are as pretty as others:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146361542/

Why do you ask?

There are several owners who have had HVAC ECU-related problems. The driver chips seem to be some of the more vulnerable components. Ideally, you would take your car to a dealer to have the ECU interrogated for faults (it can often save time and effort), but if you want to.. or have to DIY, it's best to carry out checks on the HVAC components before changing chips in the ECU.

7. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    Igor with Electronic Repair Company (http://www.ercfixtv.com/) in Phoenix, AZ replaced the 6 amps in my A/C ECU. The guy did everything in less than 1 hour and made it look better than new. He also re-applied a urethane coating. It was a super precision job, super meticulous. It was around $145. My A/C works PERFECTLY now.

So, I recommend people send their ECUs to him. He had never done this before, but he has experience with many car electronics.

FYI: be sure to let the clear-coating of the repaired circuit (if you did apply a new clear--which you absolutely should have otherwise it will corrode) dry for at least 48 hours before installing it in the car. You don't want a wet coating to cause conductivity problems.

(No I am not Igor and no I do not work for him).

8. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I just replaced the motor in the air diverter because the selection was not working correctly, but now It does nothing! Looking for other solutions.

9. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    Sorry, I already installed it and i didn't take a photo. But there's nothing to see. It looks just like it did before.

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Is it the same with the car up to temperature? In Auto, at least, on cold days, by design, it won't blow cold air into your face. Also, others have noted unexpected behaviour in manual modes if the car is still warming up.

As Ari says, any competent electronics technician should be able to solder some new chips to your board. The location of the air diverter/tambour actuator chip is known, but the chips are cheap and fitting 6 new chips might give you peace of mind for a few years.

bcar1 likes this.
  11. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    You really need to do this ECU repair.

bcar1 likes this.
  12. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    bcar, I have a spare set of 10 of these (new) microchips. If you want, I can send them to you, for a nominal fee.

13. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    What is the size of this square internal hole 6mm or 8mm?? In the flap boss

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Both the fresh air/recirc actuator and air direction actuator have a 6mm square drive (just checked). The fresh air one, however, has one of the corners cut off, so if there is a corresponding shape on the fresh air/recirc flap hole, a square drive wouldn't fit in.

Beetle likes this.
  15. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    My chips came in last week. It took over a month for them to get delivered :confused: and on top of my wait, USPS shipped to the wrong address. :mad: Had to find out what was going on. Well at least I finally got them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion and Ari Paul like this.
  16. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    You're going to love it! ....that is, IF they did a good job on the chip...

and hey, thanks for the photo of the chip.

17. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    Im looking for a good place locally who can do the job. Gonna stop by one car audio place and ask tomorrow.

Im not sure how to look around for place who can do this kind of job. There are so many electrical shops, but I doubt many of these will actually do this kind of work.

18. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    Anyone know that address of that company who can do my AC ECU chips redone? I let my local electronic store do it and after two weeks he still hasn't done it. I could have sent this out and already get it back by that time. What a waise of time! :mad:

19. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  20. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

Pro Audio in Tampa replaced all my chips and it worked great. ASI did it twice and it never worked

Qavion likes this.
  21. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    Igor is great. If you send him your unit, please tell him: "A member of the Ferrari community recommended that I send this to you. He says you do great work." That would be nice.

22. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    #122 Shurik355, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Guys when you recomment someone. An address or contact info would help :D There are two ProAudio places in Tempa, and who's Igor???

23. Ari Paul

Ari Paul Rookie

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ari Paul
    click on the link.

Shurik355 likes this.
  24. brendon0

brendon0 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Tampa FL
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    These guys did mine. Im in Tampa and made the original recommendation. Great job at a decent price.

I also have 4 op-amps chips sitting in a box if someone wants to pay for shipping, they r free...

Shurik355 likes this.
  25. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    I’ll take them Brendon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk