360 - 360 Spider Roof Problems | FerrariChat

360 360 Spider Roof Problems

Discussion in '360/430' started by Catchylattice, Jun 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Catchylattice

Catchylattice Rookie

Oct 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Luke Panuccio
    My 2003 Ferrari 360 spiders roof gets stuck halfway once the tray lid lifts open. It raises all the way to the top before just sitting there and flexing, while the canopy is folded away waiting to be lowered. I hold the button down and can still hear the hydraulics making its weezing sound as if its still trying to open/close it. The roof is able to close perfectly with no issues. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    #2 EastMemphis, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    A couple of things to check.

1. Is the reservoir for the top full? You can check that behind the passenger "B" pillar.
    2. Are there are signs of hydraulic fluid around the 7 rams in the top? It's pretty easy to do a visual inspection if you know where they all are.
    3. Are you getting any codes from the top ECU? You need a scanner capable of reading the top ECU, like an Autel AP200 ($69 at Amazon).
    4. Are your elastic straps still doing their thing?
    5. Is this the first time you've put down your top in a long time?
    6. Are you operating the top with the engine running? Never operate the top without the engine on.
    7. Is there a break in the thin metal in this picture? Check it carefully for any cracks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Catchylattice likes this.
  3. Catchylattice

Catchylattice Rookie

Oct 4, 2019
    Full Name:
    Luke Panuccio
    Thanks ill have a look at these, I know its not 5, or 6, and im 99% sure it isnt 4. I'll have a look at the others thanks.

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    be sure to report back!

5. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have had that problem arise a few times. Are you holding the switch throughout the full cycle (windows up)?
    Did you try turning the engine off for 30 seconds? That has always reset mine.