458 Spider wanted 1st time Ferrari owner need help! | FerrariChat

458 Spider wanted 1st time Ferrari owner need help!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ferrarifam, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I am on the hunt for a 458 spider. It will be my first exotic. I figured since the 458 is the last of the naturally aspirated Ferrari engines this would be a good place to start with my new obsession. :) Plus the fact that is was love at first sight.

A few questions that I need help with from those that have the expertise:

1. What, colors, options and "must have" items should I be looking for on the 458 Spider?

2. I am mainly looking at Ebay motors, cars.com, Dupont registry, Autotrader and my local Ferrari dealer (Utah) for 458's or sale. Where is the best place to research and look for 458's? This would be a cash deal.

3. How do you go about getting a PPI done out of state? Local Ferrari dealership in that state? Is there a preferred or trusted list of people you can trust?

4. Is there a list of brokers, dealers that are available that specialize in 458's?

5. I am on the hunt for a 2015 model year. I am going to keep it and drive it and enjoy it. I have always wanted a Ferrari and I intend to enjoy it. :D

6. I am open to any and all encouraging, helpful insights and wisdom. As I begin this journey to locating, specing, buying, owning & learning about the 458 Spider.

Ok folks...please fire away and enlighten me if you would. I am standing by.

Thank you in advance for your help everyone.

2. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Not sure what you want to spend
    But I have a 2015 Speciale A with 220miles
    Red with white stripes
    Interested give me a return message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferrarifam likes this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    PM me.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I had a 2015 and now a 2013. Same.
    I wouldn’t get one without racing seats and led wheel.
    Personally the diamond cut rims are the best. stereo, lift, cruise not needed.
    interior carbon ++ imo.
    Yes get a PPI and extended warranty.

Epic cars.

ferrarifam likes this.
  5. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Dustman
    Information is on my last message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Not sure why you limit yourself to a 2015 model year. I dont like racing seats (seems silly I'm not racing), carbon fiber decorations are useless (mine 458 spider has not a bit). I have the LED steering wheel, but I know cars and know when to shift, that might help someone who is not used to high revving cars. I have owned a lot of cars (should hit 500 by the end of 2021), and been taking them apart for a long time. My advise make friends with your local dealer, buy the car from them and try and get one with service records and not a half dozen owners (that treated it like a rental car). I have a lift, have never had to use it, maybe your area is different OP, and you may need it. Color (exterior/interior) is a subjective thing, mine is white (my first white Ferrari that is one of the reasons I bought it). I'm sure you must have your own ideas about color, you should not need advise about that. You might want to make sure you have parking sensors and a back up camera (mine has neither but I am used to that in cars), since the visibility is not great, as far as the stereo goes, I added a sub and amp (there is a great vendor on here for that) since my car did not have the upgraded stereo. Nav is a joke on these cars (use your phone), and for some people the touchy throttle can be an issues (it was for me and I had it made perfectly linear makes for a much better machine). I have the diamond cut wheels (they are nice easy to clean). You can go to Ferrari's website and see 458's (you used to be able to do that not sure if you still can) for sale at Ferrari dealers all over the country. Though as I said you get to know your dealer and make them understand you are a serious buyer, show them a link to a couple cars that you like and say find me one like this. If they are not willing, I and others here have connections at dealers that I'm sure will be able to find you a car. Good luck, and PM me if I can be of further assistance.

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You stated you intend to keep it and enjoy it; therefore, colors and options are what you want...right?
    Find a car you like at price you like, check it out with a PPI, and enjoy.

ferrarifam likes this.
  8. mrduck

mrduck Rookie

Feb 2, 2014
    I went to our local dealer, they have a black spider 459 in salt lake.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ferrarifam likes this.
  9. ferrarifam

ferrarifam Karting

Jun 9, 2020
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Yep. A 2012 black 458. It is pretty nice.

10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    seemingly most simple answer yet this is the one that actually is very true. Don't ignore this answer by this guru.

ferrarifam likes this.
  11. BlueFerrari458

BlueFerrari458 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2018
    1) as you are buying a used car I would buy the spec you are passionate about...if that is red great if not look emotionally when it comes to color... get a certified car as that will give you some comfort and a PPI is a good practice... comfort seats are better as far as adds it’s not much of a difference I would agree the shift lights are helpful.... I have one that is certified just over 6k miles never tracked which I would sell at 230k the car has full ceramic and PPF TDF blue / burgundy leather as far as I know a one off spec as blue is the rarest of the standard colors... send me a message if you have interest sticker over 100k higher it also has a carpristo valve opener which is super fun always dealer maintained and serviced just driven to shows ...send a message if you want to speak ...its An excellent head turner I have other cars inbound so I am considering selling it though I am too lazy to list it but saw your post and thought what the heck

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ferrarifam likes this.
  12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Color choice is subjective so choose the one that fires you up when you look at it. My first 458 had the lift (a must for me) but none of the carbon or LED steering wheel. My current 2014 has carbon, LED steering wheel and lift. All great and better since I didn’t buy the car new;). You are going to love, love and yes love the 458. Good luck with your search!

ferrarifam likes this.
  13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Once you go black .... I’m on my third black rig with an order for one more. Great color.

14. 458 at 50

458 at 50 Karting

Oct 17, 2014
    Arizona
    I keep my cars about 2 years and then sell for something new. I am coming up to that. I have a 2013 458 spider with 8k with a $344 original MSRP (base 264k). If you want carbon fiber this car has every carbon fiber option on it. Let me know if you are interested in discussing. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ac360 and BLAMPEE like this.
  15. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    I just got my first spider a few montns ago.. Color is totally subjective....look at a bunch and see what speaks to you. Other items I looked for in order of priority
    . Yellow calipers and scuderia badge
    . Carbon fiber steering wheel with LED
    . Racing seats
    . Carbon fiber interior (tunnel and area around dash)
    . Lifter was a nice to have but not a must
    . Music and nav are useless. The cars sound is the only music you need and any phone has better nav

Once you find it...negotiate but don't hesitate and enjoy yourself. Each time I get into it its like falling in love for the first time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3954671

ac360 likes this.