For Sale - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage lease assumption | FerrariChat

For Sale 2019 Aston Martin Vantage lease assumption

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Terrence, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Bought new in December 2018. No money down. $1398 per month plus tax. Over 5000 miles a year (pretty much all the advertised leases are for 2500 miles a year). 4650 on the odometer now. 22 months left. New Michelin PS4S about 10 months and 3000 miles ago. Custom painted Aston Martin Green trim inside and out including calipers. Full alcantara and leather interior. Ceramic coated by selling dealer.

Prepaid lease until July 27th, 2020. Just pay $500 assumption fee and drive for free until July 27th, then monthly payment of $1398 plus tax starts. California registration paid for until December 2020.

Applicant must be California resident or at least apply with a California address. I have had three applicants who jumped on this deal and applied in the last 4 weeks and all three did not qualify. I guess ALLY is picky.

Great deal on a $171,000 car. I got another car and am out of room! Haha!

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you.

Terrence
    (310) 702-0080
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JLopez likes this.
  2. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I like the AMR green accents. Not in CA but curious when does the lease end and what happens then. Is there a buyout option? How much?

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    ally is brutal.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  4. rongotti

rongotti Karting

Apr 11, 2015
    North Florida
    I am also not in California unfortunately, but curious where you placed it to find the other three interested parties? Is there a car forum for lease transfers?

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

5. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Yes.

https://www.leasetrader.com/

https://www.swapalease.com/

stardoc likes this.
  6. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Ally is not that bad, I've taken over and transferred leases through them. They just don't have any financial incentive to relinquish a lease to a lesser qualified lessee.

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    They won’t transfer out of state though. I’ve tried multiple times to get a car out of state and nothing. That’s so tremendously limiting for a nationwide company. Here’s another crazy fact, they won’t accept wire transfers for vehicle payoff. When I sold my business last year we had a number of work vans financed through Ally. Had to cut a check pre deal, wait for it to clear. It held the deal up over a week. Big PITA if you know anything about M&A transactions.

8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    You would be surprised how many banks don't take wires. It's stupid. How does a bank... Not take a wire.

Well we know the answer...

More interest

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  9. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Yeah, ALLY seems really tough with qualifying people. My car was on Swap A Lease for three weeks and got three applicants, but none of them qualified. I deactivated the listing and will reactivate it in August when it will show 19 months even more miles per month left, which I think will both make the car even more attractive. However, I hope someone here will take it in the meantime. :)

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Here some of the court clerks do not take cash. American "legal tender" issued by the federal reserve (yes, a private consortium), but you can't use it for debts or fees to the government.

When a judge first told me in a hearing the clerk couldn't accept cash I laughed that what kind of government refuses the money it issues? She agreed with a sigh.

11. wheretheroadends

May 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Payman Nia
    Another thing about Ally is that they only allow lease to be transferred once (as opposed to BMW or MB where each lessee can transfer as long as it's not the last 6 months). I actually AM in CA and considering this take-over. My one issue the beautiful black exterior (that will need more time than I have to keep it beautiful). Ditto on loving the green accents BTW!

Terrence likes this.
  12. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    It is ceramic coated. It just mostly needs water to rinse off the dust. That is really why I did the ceramic coat on the car. I have the same concerns with black cars. They need to be either ceramic-coated or with a clear-bra on the whole car. I hope you take it! :)

13. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Looks like a good deal for someone. I still don't understand why the new owner would need to be a CA resident that's really odd to me. At least it saves me from spending some money haha.

14. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Its their new rule!

Oh well, but I think one can just apply under a California address because basically this way, they just don't have to bother registering the car at another state for you. After you are approved, I am sure you can change it as you move to another state and register it yourself.

15. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    How would you explain to Ally when they simply asks you for a copy of your license while doing the paperwork by “just applying under a California address”?

16. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I have registered cars in other states many times, and always with a CA license, because one can have multiple residences. You don't even have to own the residences. Even if you rent a room, or live in a room for free in someone's house, you are at least a part-time resident of that state. As far as I understand it, Ally just does't want to register for you and incur potential expenses or potential liability.

17. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Ah. I gotcha. Btw, I would jump on this if I had the garage space. This would make it number 10 car!

18. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    The issue comes when there is a potential insurance claim against the car. Insurance companies take your money first and ask questions later.

19. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Anyway, lets' find a CA applicant if possible. The lease deals have actually gone up for that car in the last few months. One can call around and check. The minimum is around $1700 plus tax x 36 months and 2500 miles a year plus $5000 drive off. Mine is zero drive off and 20 months x $1398 plus tax and over 5000 miles a year! :)

20. jinterceptor

jinterceptor Rookie

Dec 31, 2013
    California
    What are the end of lease options for purchase?

21. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Residual value will be $101,049.89.

22. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    how did you get such a great deal?! im looking at 100k audi and best deal ive found is 2500 down 1300/month. many dealers want 1500 month.
    ive driven vantage and it is a tail happy party. love it
    could be best deal on the site.
    glws