Sell testarossa for gallardo? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sell testarossa for gallardo?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bpu699, Jun 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks for posting these videos......we need more of this kind of informed intelligent discussion and less stradmans and demuros

BTW, the comparison with the Countach starts around the 25 minute mark.

bka80s likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed but YouTube made demuro a millionaire so lots of ppl like him. Never seen a more annoying guy review cars myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    And my critique is not about the people (I spoke with Doug a couple of times over the phone before his channel took off, and I hear the other guy is nice in person) but the content is just horrible, like there is more thought put into camera angles than informative content.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Doug doesn’t put much work in the editing either, I’m sure he is nice but is work looks sloppy and presentation average and that’s his niche: the average Joe reviewing cars and it works! Good for him.

5. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    AWESOME picture!

PineChris likes this.
  6. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I cant stand Demuro vids..

7. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I cant watch people talk for an hour on those vids. Gives me a headache. I dont find in my Testarossa the issues they spoke of when the car is cold. I find that when you start it it somewhat grumbles to a start, as though each cylinder slowly comes to life, and then immediately settles into idle and is good to go. The cold 2nd gear issue is the norm for all these cars. The Countach on the other hand immediately barks to life. The Testa motor is definitely smoother. You cant feel a thing, while the Countach lets you know the motor is there. With the stock exhaust my Testarossa was so quiet at stops I thought the motor stalled. I dont think the 928 comparison is valid to the Testarossa. The 928 is far more comfortable. Its daily driveable. The Testarossa is not.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  8. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    How people can watch him is mind blowing to me. I feel physically ill listening to him. Harry Metcalfe is my go to. I really enjoy his videos especially when he takes a car across the continent.

9. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You are so right on this. In the beginning I could stomach Demuro vids because he covered a lot of cars and didn't pretend to be a racecar driver like some idiots on youtube who clearly are not. But the more it goes on the more I just can't stomach him. I'm happy he's got something good going for himself but he misses most of the essence of cars when he reviews them and his face/voice kinda make me want to puke lol.

Harry Metcalfe is amazing, and Chris Harris is my favorite by a long shot. Chris actually knows cars, in a historic sense and has been part of the car scene for a very long time, just like Harry. Chris can drive though, omg can he drive!! When he discusses a cars dynamics or soul he really knows what he's talking about. I'm a millenial and so i'm putting myself down here, but millennial really don't have the experience to truly review cars in most cases.

I think this fact was especially shown in the long video pinechris linked to above. James knew what he was talking about and had passion in his eyes, but Derek clearly just didn't care. Sounded like he's made his mind up driving cold cars around a car dealership's parking lot. Many of my generation just don't know what it's like to really experience a car and live in the moment of what that car is. They just want instant reward and tend to gravitate to cars that create a driving impression within the first minute rather than causing you to earn the car's essence by getting good at it.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    I’m considered a millennial myself (35) and agree wholeheartedly with you.

Auraraptor likes this.
  11. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    nice, another one of us! I’m 38

Auraraptor likes this.
  12. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yea, Harry and Chris Harris vids are great. This is my favorite Countach and Testarossa comparison.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I thought the drag race was kinda unfair given that was kinda the ultimate countach versus a regular TR and James May at the wheel lol

Auraraptor likes this.
  14. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My F/I Countach beats my 91 Testarossa in pretty much the same fashion.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

U mean like this?

16. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris

17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Honestly the correct answer to Testarossa vs Countach is very obvious.....

Diablo.

;)

18. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m saying I’d compare the latest countach with the latest tr to make it more fair.
    In a straight line the 512tr or m would win and on a track also but that’s besides the point;$

19. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im confused as to how you rationalize your argument. You post a vid of a previous generation Countach vs a Testarossa and thats fair in your opinion. Then you want to compare the next generation Countach which came out in 1985 to a 1992 to 1995 Ferrari 512TR or M that came into production 3 years after the Countach went out of production? lol I disagree on the 512TR winning straightline.. Its actually a very good race. On track who knows. The 512TR does have much better brakes which should help alot. But the key point is that in 1991 the Diablo was in production, which slaughters the 512TR and M..

Here is Abbie Eaton and Harry Metcalf's comments on the Countach vs Testarossa comparison. If you dont know, Abbie is the one who drove both.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I do love the tr vs countach debates. My opinion is obviously the Countach is much faster, but I prefer the convenience/luxury of the tr. One day hopefully I can have both.

21. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Honestly its all pedantic magazine racing.

There were too many models of the Countach with variable smog strangulation in the US. TR was a bit more consistent but even that was very restricted from factory.

There is no question a properly spec'ed Countach will be faster then a TR at 9/10s...and a TR will (generally) be easier to drive up to about 9/10s. Now if you choose a 2v with 4 cats and massive bumpers, that's a different story.

I (and for that matter the fast majority of owners) am no race car driver who can extract 10/10 safely and reliably from either car.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Well a 512tr is like 4.5 0 to 60 so it’s close to a full second on the TR
    I’m comparing a 92tr vs 92 countach. Imo on a track and ease of use the 512 is a better car I do think the countach is a beautiful car and an icon.
    Now the diablo is a step ahead but when did its development start? The countach is like what from 77-78, tr maybe 83 since the first one is shown in Paris in 84 but diablo might
    And of course I know Abbie.
    Stunning cars both for sure and u are lucky to own both!

23. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I don't understand your dates.

The last Countach was 1989 (25th anniversary). There was no 92 Countach. Their origins are early 70s, not late 70s.

TRs were 1984-1991. Yes, the 512TR started in 92, but even they were revised notably in 94 (Differential, ABS) and again with the M in 1995 (suspension, engine)

Shark01 and ChipG like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

I misread what Chris said regarding dates
    None of those cars are the same era from a development standpoint which is what I’m trying to say.
    The first TR is 84 but likely origins are a few years before that’s and then diablo probably late 80’s maybe 1990.
    The 512tr and M (ugliest Ferrari of all time imo) are from an early 80’s platform, the diablo has 10 years on them so they are all special but kinda hard to compare truthfully

turbo-joe likes this.
  25. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I don't mind many of the styling elements of the M. With pop-up headlights it looks great. We can get into a styling debate about body lines and style homogeneity but ultimately its subjective anyway. At this point, I say to each his own.