F12 vs 812SF as a potential long-term investment | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F12 vs 812SF as a potential long-term investment

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by moorfan, Jun 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Dynamically the 812 is a much better car than the F12. The gearbox is way better at high rpm up/ down shifts and also smoother just pottering around town slowly.

The F12 has an inoffensive classy look, the 812 comes across a little more agressive.

I think the F12 photographs better than the 812 as it has simpler lines, but in the flesh the 812 comes across much better than photos.

Both wonderful cars!

RamsHmb, KenU, italiafan and 5 others like this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I've got to tell you guys, I had an F12b and have an 812 now and I think the 812 is more "raw" than the F12. The F12 is a little bit rougher around the edges, but its not good roughness in terms of shift speeds being slower/ clunkier and the handling being less refined. The 812 is a brute! Even in sport mode. I am with you Justin, lately I am looking at the 812 and thinking- my goodness, this is a great looking car! Of course, I wrote the check, so I have a bias. But I am happy.

3. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    its all good news for me, i have the 812 gts inbound and a speciale in the garage. but i guess i always really loved the f12 design...

Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  4. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #29 Doc_Dent, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Mmmmm... I am not going to reply regarding my expectations, you and I would never know, and there R many different inputs to consider.
    Now as a comparison between both, I would be biased I imagine, as I got my first F12, had an accident (chose not to fix it "almost half the price of a new one to do so") sold it, and got another one after a while "same color" (that is how much I love the car).
    Now, don't get me wrong, the 812 is a great beast for sure, better Techno ....etc
    And maybe I will end up having one, but ...

the F12 is still an amazing looking car, a great beast on the road, a crazy machine on track, feels Ferrari by all means if U know what I mean.
    That being said, as for the 812, I wasn't really satisfied with rear to be honest, looks..... "normal" in a way. The front is nice, but still has the F12 identity overall somehow, but not better IMO.
    Soooo ...."modern" if that makes any sence.
    So, the Q to me is, do I really need more power to justify the switch? Do I need these little extra Techno details to justify the switch?
    If there was a maaaaajor "wow factor" on the exterior of the 812 like what the 458 had and the impact on the entire auto industry back then when first introduced, accompanied with these extra Techno stuff, I would probably have a different opinion today.
    But after all, it is what U really like what matters.
    I may change my opinion later on:), but that is mine at the moment.
    Both R wonderful cars as @deltona said, and whatever UR choice is, I guess it will be great.
    T C

deltona likes this.
  5. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Both wonderful cars, neither wonderful investments.
    You will lose less on an F12, it further along its depreciation curve.

6. AhsanU

AhsanU Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    New York City
    Feels like this thread has turned into an 812SF vs. F12 thread - which one is better!

7. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    In a way, it helps answering the thread's original Q I guess!