Cheap Place to buy a System CD for the OEM radio (BE 6111) | FerrariChat

Cheap Place to buy a System CD for the OEM radio (BE 6111)

Discussion in '612/599' started by Auraraptor, Jun 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I get a Please insert system CD on start up...where could I source a system CD for reasonable cost? Thanks

I would guess Ferrari will charge an arm and leg for it.

Attached Files:

2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Not sure I have it either and I get that message. Maybe it is lurking in one of the books, I will look this week. Interesting to see what people here say.

3. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    These guys seem to be the go-to for anything Becker related:

https://www.beckerautosound.com/

Hopefully they'll do you a copy at a reasonable cost. I would give you a copy of my Becker system CD's, but I've got an older version, so I'm assuming it wont work.

4. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I just found a V4.0 new disk for reasonable. I could not find any newer version than 4.0

Thanks all for your input. I will try it out later when it gets here.

Skidkid likes this.
  5. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    My disk arrived and it worked like a charm!
    1. I inserted the new disk, then turned off the headunit by pressing 'ON'.
    2. After 5 seconds, I pressed 'ON'. It immediately asked if I wanted to update?
    3. Clicked "OK" and it started the procedure. Total time was ~5 minutes to install the update.
    Note, I did have to re-enter the radio code at the end of the update. The language (as far as I can tell) remained in English.

No more voice command alert! However the voice button does not actually function. It can't seem to pick up my voice. I assume there is a microphone that needs to be connected that is absent in my 575. No loss, more an observation then anything.

brogenville likes this.
  6. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Could one of you post the exact name of the disk I should be hunting for? I'd like to remove the same error message from my 599. My google-fu is failing me right now.

7. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    #7 Auraraptor, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Caphill likes this.
  8. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Thank you. That was very helpful. I now have a 3.61 version coming since that was all I could find. If that makes the annulment message go away I'll be happy. I can't imagine using it for actual navigation! :)

9. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Awesome. That should do it. Honestly I can’t find any documentation on what the actual version differences mean practically/ what bugs were fixed anyway.

Caphill likes this.
  10. xcvb1

xcvb1 Karting

May 19, 2016
    4.0 is the latest version that Ferrari offers. Anyhow the latest version by Harman-Becker is 6.0 for the Cascade pro. But please note, the system CD will work but the CF card coming with 6.0 for the cascade pro will not work that easily but it can be modified! For Details search Ferrarichat !

michael