488 Pista pre-owned pricing drops? | FerrariChat

488 Pista pre-owned pricing drops?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mr. D., Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mr. D.

Mr. D. Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    I am looking to track prices for the 488 Pista over last couple years. I see 2019 and 2020 models close to MSRP within $10K. Any thoughts on what direction 2019 or 2020 Pista pre-owned will go?

Do you all think prices will drop more given current situation or stabilize around $450=$480K?

2. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Pista prices will drop over time. The slope of the fall will only be known retrospectively.
    What’s your intention?

paulchua likes this.
  3. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I think the only truly collectible Pista is the Pilota

4. Mr. D.

Mr. D. Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    My intention was to figure out how much drop would be per year on low mileage options. If we look at 2019 there is about $10-$20K drop from MSRP. What is the prediction of drop for 2019/2020 model price 1 year from now. Would you say there is a $20-$40K drop or even more now that a lot more new models are getting out by Ferrari?

5. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    No one here will have the answer to your question. There are simply too many variables, only time will tell. But we all know that there will be some adjustments/depreciation given the current economic state. I'm a buyer for a nice second hand Pista circa $360k. I'm patiently waiting.

Wikdstrate and Viperjoe like this.
  6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    not sure if it is accurate or not, but didn't someone state on another current thread that wholesale is $50 less MSRP?

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    There seems to be an awful lot of them out there. 6 alone in my local area that I know about, could be more. Cool car and all..but I cant see it sustaining it's current valuation. Espeacilly when Ferrari will be tasked with building the next best car in its line up.

Those who bought it new..I would suggest to sell it as soon a possible for any investment potential to be realized.

8. Mr. D.

Mr. D. Rookie

Jun 18, 2020
    Yes there are a lot out there for sale. I am wondering how rapid a price drop will happen this year in 2020? Right now most pre-owned resales for 2019/2020 are close to MSRP. Does $30-$50K lower than MSRP for 2019/2020 sound reasonable to happen soon this year?

9. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    The Spider version is holding up pretty well - Sotheby's sold a poorly optioned 2020 for 175K above MSRP last month.

10. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    That car looked wrong in every way, so yes it was surprising number. My new dealer in Europe offered to buy my just delivered pista spider for about 50k euros premium over list and go into a "nearly same" F8 spider(!) to qualify for future cars. Having spoken to some others, the spider premium is not much here, especially as deliveries increase after the disruption.

11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I agree but even that is a pista coupe with a paint job. But then are people who collect those 70th anniversary cars as well.

12. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    That car had no options and the color was off - Sotheby's getting nearly 200K over MSRP is a testament to irrational behavior.

BarryK likes this.
  13. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    As you know, you could not get that livery unless you drove a race car for Ferrari. And yes, I have three 70th including the original: The La Ferrari Aperta.

BarryK likes this.