Anyone experience with Colourlock? | FerrariChat

Anyone experience with Colourlock?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Dugmich, Jun 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dugmich

Dugmich Rookie

May 21, 2019
    Carlisle Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Douglas Micciantuono
    I'm considering ordering the colourlock ferrari beige product to fill in a bunch of very small discolored pock marks on my passenger seat.....anyone here used this product?...or have any other suggestions?

2. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    I've used it. I found it easy to apply and blend in on my 308 seats. definitely makes them look refreshed. Wondering now how long the blending will last and will it survive the cleaning treatments. Trying the Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend, Griots, and Leatherique. So far its holding up very well.

The filler comes in a very small squeeze tube and its very easy to apply and fill cracks.

it will be interesting to see if anyone else has some experience and techniques to share on these products.

Dugmich likes this.
  3. TheRealFlyingBear

Apr 27, 2020
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I tried their Ferrari Beige on my driver side bolster. Really bad color match after several layers. The bolster looked very yellow compared to the rest of the car. I removed it with the included cleaner, leather brush, and microfiber. The dye did a great job filling in small cracks and gaps, though. Just completely the wrong color. Would not recommend Colourlock for Ferrari Beige. Their customer service offered to do a free color match to a sample of my interior, but I don't really want to search for an extra 1" piece of leather in my car to cut off and send to them for matching.

4. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    I had them color match for two classic Minis, some furniture and Ferraris. Just perfect. But use their Protector and Shield for the best result. Otherwise the dye might come off easily (had this problem, as I wanted to save money...).

On old cars, the leather color changes over the years and the same color on two cars can change differently. So best is to match the color.

I really like their products, but also use two products from different manufacturers.

5. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary

Leatherique color matches are not what they used to be nor is the personal care of prior years.