308/328 advice/knowledge for prospective buyer? | FerrariChat

308/328 advice/knowledge for prospective buyer?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Rilez, Jun 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Hi all. I've been lurking for a bit, getting more serious about getting into a 308/328 in the near future. I'm selling either/both my 1996 NSX and 1967 GTO in the near future, and will have room to finally own one of these beautiful cars (it's been on my car bucket list for as long as I can remember). I go back and forth between the models, cosmetically I like the 308 but I've read enough on this and other forums that the 328 is more reliable/drivable, as I plan to drive it.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about these cars, but you can only do so much of that online. If any of you have one and wouldn't mind me crashing one of your next get-togethers/cruises to pick your brain about the car in person, I would really appreciate it. I used to live by Blackhorse so would stop by, and I've seen a few cars at Beverly Hills Motors downtown but have also read interesting stories about them as well. I saw that some of you are mtg in West LA, but don't know if any of those are 308/328 owners...

Thanks and hope to be joining this community soon.

Mmckee likes this.
  2. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
  3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Get in on the West LA Lunch group. It's just a few threads down. I think a couple of those guys drive 308s or 328s

4. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Thanks, yeah I saw that... didn't want to hijack that thread. Was hoping guys from that thread might see this. But now that they had their meet, maybe OK for me to crash it? I've been on enough forums to know you don't want to be the annoying new guy.

5. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm sure you're welcome to join.

6. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    West LA 328 to be coming for sale. PM for info

7. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    PM sent

8. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Riley I know a very ice 308 QV for sale, excellent condition, very clean car, 42k miles, and one owner, here in SoCal. PM me your contact info and I’ll contact you.

9. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    One recommendation I have is to make sure you drive it regularly, else things will break down and become a pain. It's a car that doesn't like to sit too long without stretching her legs.

10. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Thanks. Exactly why I'm not looking for a car with super low mileage but more interested in one that has been driven, serviced and taken care of properly... because I plan on driving it as much as possible myself.

11. vroom

vroom Karting

Sep 9, 2007
    Pasadena
    I had a ‘88 328gts, great first Fcar, maintence not too bad. Prices are stable. Interested in your nsx

12. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Here's my NSX. 1996 w/targa top (I love targas, why I'm only looking at GTS models) with Comptech supercharger, headers, and exhaust. Everything I read about them in all the magazines etc was true... just a great car, I know I'll miss it when it's gone.

13. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Join us for the West LA lunch. We get an occasional 308 joining in and had one at last week's drive. No 328's since I sold mine a few years back. Several of the guys have had either 308s or 328s at one time or another.

14. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Great, will do. Subscribed to that thread. Thanks.

15. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I have a black /tan 1989 coming for sale

16. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Visiting your place is on my To Do list so would love to know more about it. PM sent with my contact info. Thanks.

17. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Just emailed you the info

18. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    I may be letting my driver-quality red/tan ‘86 328GTS go as I consolidate and “upgrade.” Located in NorCal.

19. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Is there anybody here who's owned both a 308 and 328 and can give me their opinions on how different they are? Are the 328s that much more reliable/ driver friendly? is the quality all around better -- interior, trim, etc?

20. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Stop considering 308s buy a 328 it’s a much much better faster car. My good friend owned one for a long time.
    Most important get a ppi from a good independent mechanic like Eric
    Sander at GTO engineering on La Cienega in Los Angeles (818) 389-6454 who is familiar with the cars. Talk to owners most will give you a ride Join Ferrari Club of America now while COVID has canceled many events the club includes many owners.

albert328gts likes this.
  21. Rilez

Rilez Karting

Jun 24, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    RILEY
    Haha, this was the kind of answer I guess I was looking for. I used to live pretty close to that shop, so know exactly where he is. Thanks.