Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 143 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    Do not be upset if you do not have and will not have money to buy SF90. Buy yourself a used MP4-12C - it costs almost nothing and at the same time it has a light carbon monocoque, because it is very important for you!

ps/ only McLaren fanatics as arguments, constantly use the theme of the weight of Ferrari cars.

TheF1BOB and 355TDI like this.
  2. TheF1BOB

TheF1BOB Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Leicester, Uk
    I just can't and will never get the appeal of McLaren. Majority of their cars look the same. They come with reliability problems or develop such problems. Their warranty & insurance packages are a bloody joke. Their customer service is one of the worse out there. Hell, they're not even British anymore or won't be for much longer. But no, lets have a go at Ferrari because Ferrari's don't look like Ferrari's anymore and their engines sounds like crap. (Even though a lot car manufactures will suffer from this thanks to the EU regulations).

Regarding the SF90. I feel this car is what the industry needs. Too many supercars come out now with little to no difference from their predecessor and yet slam ridiculous amounts of money for it. Ferrari have done this themselves. I mean if I can get a £1-2,000,000 hypercar performance for as little of £400,000 again tell me, what's to complain about? Yes, aesthetics is subject to taste but the ratio from performance to price isn't. It just opens a whole new market which I can't wait for Ferrari and its competitors to explore.

stavura, jpalmito and Maggio23 like this.
  3. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The cars and the company are not without fault, but one cannot deny that they've helped raise the bar in this sector and have released some special vehicles in the short period that they've been around.

Shadowfax likes this.
  4. Terzeus1

Terzeus1 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Czech Republik
    Full Name:
    Karel Steiner
    Hello colleagues
    Does anyone have an Original large photo of the SF90 Stradale that is available to journalists. Thank you for the info.

5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Funny comments from a neophite and a straight lines champion !?

Astrid.Didier and of2worlds like this.
  6. Maggio23

Maggio23 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2013
    33guana and Terzeus1 like this.
  7. Terzeus1

Terzeus1 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 3, 2019
    Czech Republik
    Full Name:
    Karel Steiner
    Maggio23 likes this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    McLaren majority owner is Bahrain (wealth fund, including additional funding this week), fellow from Saudi Arabia and an Iranian-Canadian fellow, no British left in the majority of ownership. Another plus for Ferrari, top shareholders are Italian/part of Enzo's family :)

Jo Sta7, TheF1BOB and of2worlds like this.
  9. TheF1BOB

TheF1BOB Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Leicester, Uk
    I gotta disagree with ya there. Take the 12C. I like the 12C. A good fast car. Every car since then has been as evolution of that car. That car came out 9 years ago. I think there's a time you move on and try something new. At least with the Senna they kinda did that but even then, it wasn't a series production line, just a limited edition line like all the bloody McLaren's production lines these days. It's the same with their performance to build quality. No matter how impressive their performance numbers are, it never equates with their build quality. Incredibly overhyped and overlooked for god knows why. It's why I cant take British journalists seriously when discussing anything McLaren.

It really is sad. Same with Aston Martin. All sold off to the highest bidder. The British car industry is a joke. Shame.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I don’t understand all the McLaren bashing here. McLaren cars are wonderful to drive. I have owned and driven several and never felt disappointed by the driving experience. In many cases they outperformed the Ferrari I owned at the time. However this does not make McLaren a Ferrari competitor. A Grand Seiko is a terrific watch from a horological point of view. It is not Patek Philippe though and it will not become Patek unless it produces masterpieces for the next 200 years.
    Ferrari is the best automotive brand in the world, its production and marketing operate like a well oiled machine, its client base is unparalleled, most car collections start with their creations and their “back book” is full of masterpieces.

McLaren have the incredible F1, but it is a car that only 100 or so people have had the privilege to own and impressive as it is, there is NO lineage to the current model line and no regular car fan can ever aspire to owning one. Everything else (including the P1 and Speedtail in my opinion) is an evolution of a single model, the basic recipe is good if a little soulless, reliability is so so, resale is challenging, after sales service is a joke and they have failed to build a loyal VIP client base to support the brand during tough times. They are decades away from comparing themselves to Ferrari, so perhaps we should be kinder with our criticism and hope that one day they can become a credible alternative.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Very well said. Not having owned a McLaren I cannot speak about the ownership experience, but, just as a counter point, I ask the following question. I don't know about you but I am in the older generation of car enthusiasts for who the kind of qualities of a brand you mention matter a lot. However, McLaren is positioning/marketing itself more as a technology company among super car makers. If I look at the two generations down (mid-20s+) they are much more impressed by shiny tech, and I think partly explains McLarens positive image/popularity in certain markets e.g Middle East. And tech brand are built very fast vs the Patek/Ferrari model. Ferrari is seen as more traditional, which is ironic given the likes of the SF90. So I wonder if McLaren actually is doing just fine as brand, which is really less than 10 years old? (Current financial problems apart)

12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    To achieve what McLaren did in 10 years is mind boggling. IMO Technologically they are light years ahead of Ferrari and their obsession (rightly) with weight is incredibly admirable. Their genesis is F1 and only Ferrari has the same DNA so that puts them in a special category.

Many here have owned (and do own) multiple brands and keeping an open mind allows one to experience the best all brands have to offer. I for one would rather have a 765LT that an SF90. But then again the 812SF is "king of the road" for me :)

13. TheF1BOB

TheF1BOB Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Leicester, Uk
    Can't believe what I'm reading here. They're charging customers anything from 5 figures and 6 figures sums and I, a potential customer, have to give them the benefit of the doubt? I'm sorry, if they can't offer the best possible service on their disposal, they shouldn't be in the market. Full stop. And with their less of stellar track record of issues with their build quality and what have you, there in no position to be selling such things at an premium rate. Don't care if they relatively new. Or they perform well. It's not right.

Talking McLaren, look at the Speedtail. It's everything I hate in the car industry these days. The whole purpose of that car is just to go quick in a straight line and yet it's not even the fastest road legal out there. I mean seriously? Whats the bloody point? And it costs around £2,000,000. An absolute fraud job what it is. At least Koenigsegg's/Bugatti's back up what they say. Not saying the pricing of them is justifiable but still. It's the same with the Valkyrie, don't get it. Who's gonna used that thing on the road. I tell you. No one. You'll be better getting a used LMP3 car, do some work to it & make it road legal for a fraction of the price. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Ale55andr0 likes this.
  14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    So, do you like cars then? :)

15. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    How do you think Ferrari did in the 50s? They were certainly not Mercedes quality!
    Also have you seen early Lamborghinis? Absolutely shocking as anyone who’s restored a 350/400 or seen a Miura catch fire will tell you... Both improved as brands, Ferrari more than Lambo of course

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  16. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I think they are doing ok with people who still can’t afford them. They are doing poorly with the people that can provide them with financial security, which is why they are struggling

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. TheF1BOB

TheF1BOB Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Leicester, Uk
    I love cars. I'm just fed of these premium rates people are willing to folk out on them. A lot of them don't make sense anymore.

Hence the SF90's existence which excites me greatly. The right price for these cars.

Oh I remember and the Lambos still catch on fire till this day! I just think with the technology with have at our disposal we shouldn't have many issues as we still do with some of these manufactures like McLaren or even Porsche. Yes. you'll still get niggles here and there, but that's not the issue. Quality control should be a thing of the past.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    just out of curiosity: do you think that we can expect a "VS" version of the SF90 stradale?

20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Good question. One would think that the existence of the Assetto Fiorano pack would suggest not.

Perhaps the base for an F40 redux in the Icona series?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Ale55andr0

Ale55andr0 Karting

May 23, 2019
    Fiorano Pack? ~30 less kilos, same power, dunno...not so "special" imho

22. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    That sounds quite possible and likely, but a electric F40 costing probably more than the real thing? I'll keep my money in the bank even with negative interest rates.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Napoli, stavura, Maggio23 and 2 others like this.