360 - 04' Manual 360 For Sale in NC, anyone know this Car? | FerrariChat

360 04' Manual 360 For Sale in NC, anyone know this Car?

Discussion in '360/430' started by JustinNY, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
  2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I recognize the velvet cover... but other than that...
    not sure I've seen the bow before :D

Jhills14, RossoC360 and EastMemphis like this.
  3. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
  4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Well it's the color combo everyone seems to want. And it has the basically unusable removable sunroof panel folks go ga ga over. Mileage is a little on the high side when talking about our Ferraris. I'd obtain copies of any and all service receipts (prior to 2016) and review them carefully. Make sure they are receipts and not estimates of work that was quoted but not preformed. When I bought my 360 I reviewed the receipts carefully and even contacted those that were listed on the receipt as owners to acquire as much info on the car that I could. It's really on you to do the legwork and homework. Sellers, both dealers and private sellers, want to simply get the car sold so any balking at records being provide should be a red flag. Saying there are none-- Run Forrest run!

"...no real maintenance since 2016" is concerning. How many miles did it have on it in 2016? Can you determine from the records (if there are any) how many of the 35,600 miles have been put on the car since 2016? That's a big question I'd want to know the answer to if I was buying it. Oil changes, all other fluid changes, timing belts, battery, and other routine maintenance neglected since 2016 is not a good sign. You say it has had many owners. I'm always kind of hesitant on that one. It sets in my mind a long list of folks who want the Ferrari 6MT experience to drive the car crazy hard and then sell it before they have to pay for anything that breaks as a result. I felt really good about me being the third owner after the second owner had owned the car for over 10 years-- with very good records and receipts.

Remember that not all accidents or damage is reported and therefore will not always show up on the CarFax. I passed on a 360 that had been repaired; albeit well, that was said to have had a garage accident when a bicycle fell on it. Hmmmmm. wasn't buying that story in regards to the extent of paintwork. Have a qualified paint and body restoration guy look at it for you. If you have to pay him, it's well worth it considering the cost of the car in the long run.

Now or course we're talking a MT car and not an F1. So not a lot to choose from out there. But with that said, a troublesome Ferrari can be both a financial drain and emotional drain on your fun meter-- be it an MT or an F1. The MT is a lot easier and less expensive to maintain of course but the rest of the car will share the same trouble areas as any other 360.

And finally, you didn't say what the asking price currently was. That can be a real consideration. Certainly a consideration with the mileage and the lack of records. You would have to decided if it seems like a decent gamble to you if the price is right for a 360 MT car. If the car checks all the boxes for you as they say, then you may be willing to take that gamble. But it also comes down to what are you intentions for the car? Is it a "keeper" for 8-10 years? Is it that you simply want the Ferrari experience and intend to sell it in a year of two? (certainly nothing wrong with that), Will it be a daily driver? All of those factors can greatly color how much you spend going into it. And if it requires some expensive items to maintain (and it will sooner or later) are you keeping the car long enough to amortize the cost of that when weighed against the years you own it and enjoy it.

All the best, and good luck,
    Ken

dr_rob likes this.
  5. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    What’s the price?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    Ken, great write up. Thank you! Selling dealer notes the guy consigning with them has not disclosed what he wants for the car yet.

7. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Surprised that is allowed. Sounds like they are wasting people’s time with that strategy.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Let me predict... one million bajillion dollars. Or, more than anyone had prior to this considered reasonable for the car. What the world thinks its worth.. then add $50k. At least. ;)