430 - Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ? | FerrariChat

430 Are Fabspeed Exhaust Headers made in Taiwan ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Jun 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and of course Fabspeed will be happy to sell you a set of their made in Taiwan F430 headers https://www.seair.co.in/us-import/i-fabspeed-motorsport.aspx

Attached Files:

xtLSport likes this.
  2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm not a fan of Fabspeed products and will never recommend them. My Fabspeed headers leaked at the flange, and after calling them they said it was within tolerance. I had to have a shop mill them flat and reinstall. Customer service is lacking...

Temuri and Shark01 like this.
  3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Well I guess you really needed to speak with JIM Technology in Taiwan who made them, Fabspeed is just the reseller

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    If you check on Alibaba.com, you will see the real price

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    but you will see that they are clearly importing them from Taiwan as with Porsche 964 RSR headers

7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    why don't you ask Fabspeed directly and post their replies pls

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Lol im a tubi/capristo/novitec guy - dont have a Fabspeed relationship

9. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Anyone have a used capristo exhaust they want to sell?

11. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Why not get a Fabspeed set for $850 ;)

12. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    In all seriousness, I am a little disappointed by all of this. I purchased based on the assumption that these were made in the US. I had problems with the headers and they did not step up. Now finding out about these headers makes it feel dishonest.

I just went to the Fabspeed website and here is what it says: "All of our products are handcrafted right here in For Washington, Pennsylvania by our very skilled and passionate fabricators."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id be pissed too, to say the least.

14. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    In speaking to some non Fchat people, the fabspeed using chinese manufactures has been well known for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #17 RichardCH, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    I'm personally very shocked and very glad to have discovered that I can apparently buy the same product from Alibaba for 70% less !! noting that the same proviso applies to most goods and services sold in the USA, the only people who actually make their own products are Capristo, Kline, Akropovic etc in Europe, otherwise you should buy it from Alibaba direct

Note Joe Fabiani I would get your lawyer to change that last line about all our products are hand crafted here in Fort Washington

ridege55 and ttforcefed like this.
  17. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    "All of our products are handcrafted right here in China by our Alibaba marketplace partners, then we place a 4x markup to better serve you."

ttforcefed likes this.
  18. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and that's why I have green Lamborghini

19. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    Hey All, Fabspeed is happy to provide some info for the Ferrari community, we have global partners both stateside and international that we do a lot of business with. As for the photos taken by Alibaba, that's exactly what they do to hundreds of vendors and Etsy shop owners and sell at extremely low wholesale rates. Our products as well as partners in the industry have been shamelessly copied for many years. There's a reason they only show 1 or 2 photos and not other detailed images, that's so you can't notice they do not have F1 merge collectors as ours does. We source components globally and have very close relationships with engineers around the world when it comes to these products - all which go through a quality control check before leaving out our back door.

Ridege55- apologize if you had a leaking issue with your Fabspeed Motorsport Ferrari performance headers. The inlet flange was machined flat and perhaps the headers needed to be Re-Torqued after the 1st or 2nd serious heat-cycle. This is normal when installing headers. We supply all our headers with brand new OEM Ferrari header gaskets and Wurth german hardware. A little back-ground> Ferrari headers are the Achilles heel for damaging these engines. We have many customers who've received this product with no issue and would be happy to show direct feedback. It sounds like we had dropped the ball on the service but would be happy to make it up - it's only in our customers eyes that we can call ourselves successful. Check out NormalGuySupercar on YouTube, Dan just recently did a project F430 with our headers.

Fabspeed Motorsport USA was the worlds very 1st company to design engineer and dyno develop performance headers starting with the F355 5.2 and 2.7 injection models. We CAD designed T304 stainless steel lost wax header flanges and machine them flat. The OEM FErrari headers use mild cold rolled steel that warps and can rust out. Our engineering team then applied the same experience and knowledge to the Ferrari 360. Thereafter we developed and manufactured the F430 and F458 headers. We'd be happy to have you cruise by our facility and take a tour and SEE our headers being made and developed.

We're sorry to say but we've not had the chance to do business with Richard CH nor have an opportunity to help him. Richard is entitled to his view and opinion but do not necessarily reflect those of Fabspeed or it's products. Our goal is to have overwhelmingly positive customers and we've been working at improving that continuously for over 25 years. Everyone's entitled to their opinion and it's the first way to failure to try to please everyone. We appreciate opportunities like that to make it right and satisfy you as a buyer. While we're all fans of loud exhausts and exhilarating sounds, not all neighbors will agree!

Years ago Mr. Capristo himself wanted to buy and resell Fabspeed Ferrari headers. Here is a tour of our facility and building. We often have the Ferrari Club Porsche Club and many other car clubs at our facility.

Either way, we at Fabspeed hope this provides some clarity.

Ridege55- If you nee new gaskets and hardware let me know. If you are local cruise by our facility I will personally inspect your headers.

I hope you and everyone is well and having a great safe and happy summer.

DARIES likes this.
  20. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Unfortunately I have plenty of opportunities to do business with Fabspeed historically, and that guarantee on your website that ALL products are handcrafted right here in Fort Washington is then simply untrue ?? or why are you apparently importing them from Jim Technology ?

21. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    #22 ridege55, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    My headers were installed by a VERY reputable shop. I assure you 100% that the headers were re-torqued before they were taken off. Re-torquing did not resolve the exhaust leak. #3 cylinder was leaking and the header was found to be warped by .33MM. When Fabspeed was contacted, your customer service responded that "this was within normal tolerance". If you would like to make this right, please cover the cost of labor to mill the header flat and re-installation of the header. PM me and I can provide you all the receipts.

One more question, were my headers handcrafted in your facility or were these from your global partners. If these were from your global partners, did you QC them before you sent them out? I don't care where they are made, as long as the quality is there.

DARIES likes this.
  22. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #23 Fabspeed Motorsport, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Hey Ridge,
    Phil at Fabspeed Here. Joe asked me to reach out to see how I can help. I will shoot you a PM and send me the details.

23. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I think Fabspeed is saying that the pics on Alibaba may be "borrowed" from their website and that they are not the same headers. I do know they get parts from around the world because they make it no secret the valves for the exhaust come from Europe. With the way the world is today, it wouldn't surprise me if the actual steel alloy for the headers came from a foundry in China. With the lack of environmental laws there, some things can only be made in China at a reasonable price, if at all.

Fabspeed did say if you don't believe they assemble the headers in-house you can simply stop by and watch them being constructed.

24. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    Hi Corey and everyone
    Fabspeed Motorsport product pictures have been shamelessly copied by many European and Asian companies as their own product photographs as we have great pictures at Fabspeed. These are facts and its happening more and more daily- its actually alarming and causes confusion. These companies simply take our pictures and assign the products as their own to either entice one to buy what they think is the same quality product. Its ridiculous. .
    For example the Alibaba Ferrari F430 header photo is a 100% shameless copy of the Fabspeed Motorsport Ferrari F430 header. Those people at Alibaba will NEVER EVER deliver a header as is shown.

Here is why- 99.9% of the time those companies are not car enthusiast like all of us here and have not idea what they are looking at . Sophisticated Ferrari guys and owners like myself can SEE right through all of that and are not confused. Yes I can attempt to sue these people but they are overseas and out of our jurisdiction. Even patents do not help unless one has unlimited funds to pursue infringement.

You guys should laugh at these cheap knock-offs of Ferrari, Porsche headers and exhaust systems. Good luck. I have actually had these Asian companies ship FREE samples with no notice from time to time. The quality is simply terrible. Cheated mandrel bends, cheated welds, internal flow obstructions, flexible bellows that break and etc.

Take a look at that Fabspeed F430 header and the Alibaba header. Does anyone know what model that F430 header is for? Only hard-core true Ferrari tifosi would know. Fabspeed Motorsport was the Worlds Very 1st company to design, develop nd manufacture this F430 performance header and took that picture over 13 years ago>>>> ANSWER below- fellow Ferrari Tifosi.

[​IMG]

ANSWER>>>>ITS a god-damn Ferrari F430 Scuderia header 16M header that Fabspeed Motorsport designed, built and Dyno developed 100% in house and builds them too for the rare F430 final versions of the Scuderia belinetta and 16M rare F430 spider.

All of you and anyone are cordially invited to cruise over to fabspeed Motorsport and take a tour of our 26,000 sqft state of the art facility. My guys can also email Videos.
    buona notte