Ferrari ROMA | Page 104 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  2. kdw0304

kdw0304 Rookie

Jan 21, 2020
  3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Am going to say it, I think the ipad thingy is a deal-breaker for me for the Roma

Bundy likes this.
  4. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    HD: 1. https://hk.hypebeast.com/files/2020/06/Ferrari-roma-closer-look-hong-kong-release-info-1-1.jpg
    2. https://hk.hypebeast.com/files/2020/06/Ferrari-roma-closer-look-hong-kong-release-info-2.jpg
    3. https://hk.hypebeast.com/files/2020/06/Ferrari-roma-closer-look-hong-kong-release-info-3.jpg
    4. https://hk.hypebeast.com/files/2020/06/Ferrari-roma-closer-look-hong-kong-release-info-4.jpg
    and ADAS screen with SF90 Stradale model (preproduction issue).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    HD: 5. https://hk.hypebeast.com/files/2020/06/Ferrari-roma-closer-look-hong-kong-release-info-5.jpg
    6. https://hk.hypebeast.com/files/2020/06/Ferrari-roma-closer-look-hong-kong-release-info-6.jpg

vcappp, stavura, bwshihtzu and 3 others like this.
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Somebody needs to produce an aftermarket interior leather matching pouch for it. Looks so plasticky

vcappp likes this.
  6. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Driver-interface tech will age more rapidly and less kindly than any of the external design cues.
    The market demands it but, personally, I am not a fan of large screens in cars.

456-boy and Bundy like this.
  7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Love the car and beyond excited to get one. I heard, although I don’t recall during my build, that one can delete the center screen. I do agree that it looks a little chunky. Not sure why didn’t basically put in an iPad mini that looks thin and is glass and aluminum. Regardless, I am all i

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not that i can afford one, but i love the car and hate the tablet! I don't like these modern cockpits, they just lack personality, i much prefer the 812 or the Lusso interior. Regardless, i think the cockpit is nice, except for that horrible tablet.....but the car is so gorgeous i would buy it anyway!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If that "iPad delete" is true, that would be a plus. But, I recall from the demo car that was here, you need the iPad to do a lot of things for climate control, etc...T

RamsHmb likes this.
  10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think there are good and not so good aesthetics about the Roma and while I find the interior is generally very pretty, sleek and fresh I prefer mechanical displays and switchgear for look and function. I have a big touchscreen in my McLaren and wish some of the controls were mechanical instead. Touchscreens can be extremely hard to impossible to read in bright light, do not allow me to locate or operate solely by touch. Polarized sunglasses can also make touchscreen displays appear black.

My finger also easily move off the onscreen location of control functions during adjustments very easily because of a lack of physical borders between functions on the flat screen. You have to always keep your eyes on the road and other traffic so while flatscreens are easy to make and program they are not beneficial to the driving experience.

I own iPads and iPhones as well as MacBooks so I am familiar with and am fine with using flat panel displays and controls, just not while I am driving.

vcappp, Bundy, RamsHmb and 1 other person like this.
  11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Totally nailed it. Our new pickup truck is the first car we have owned with a iPad-like central console, and I find it very distracting. First thing I do when I am driving is turn to turn it off...T

12. Justicepool

Justicepool Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
    It will be interesting. I'm on my second Tesla as a daily driver and I absolutely love the touch screen. The only knob I miss is the stereo volume knob. I don't mind having knobs, in some Porsche models I think there is knob overkill, but there has to be a balance in there somewhere.

The Tesla interface is very logical, very easy to navigate, and very responsive. I looked at a BMW a couple of years ago and the infotainment system was a nightmare (likewise for Mercedes) .

Personal preference I suppose.

G. Pepper likes this.
  13. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Justicepool and jm2 like this.
  14. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    If this is the Hong Kong display car, it is rosso portofino.

I asked.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    When do you get your Roma and where?

16. arzak

arzak Rookie

Dec 23, 2012
    [КУОТЕ = "Лесиа44, пост: 147309855, члан: 83119"] Апсолутно га волим, али не негирам да има изглед срећне рибе сприједа ...

[​IMG]

[АТТАЦХ = пуна] 2967362 [/ АТТАЦХ] [/ КУОТЕ]
    глупо

17. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Have you decided on a color configuration?

I’m still trying to decide now.

I like Blu Simond but does anyone know how close Blu Roma is to Blu Simond? Too many pics of Blu Roma in the dark...

Also, if the Roma center display is OLED based, it won’t wash out with polarizing sunglasses.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Is there a black or metal color grille option for the Roma?

19. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Yes. Mentioned many pages back. I think it was a silver tone and maybe more of a matte gray? Somebody more in the know will chime in. Have yet to see what the options look like.