Any car magazine articles / photos with your Musclecar in it ? | FerrariChat

Any car magazine articles / photos with your Musclecar in it ?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by DIGMAN52, Jun 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    We are cleaning out a company storage unit, and came across some car magazines from the early 90's when I was buying and selling Musclecars. Had my broker's license to save the sales tax, under Cullum's Classic Cars. Had a bunch of fun W-30, Stage 1, Z28, and LS6 cars in the 90's, and a couple made it into some car magazines.

The best was an LS6 Corvette I came across locally, that had sat outside for 10 years. Did a frame off restoration at Gary's Vette Stop, and then began showing her. Corvette Fever Magazine sent down a writer, who did the center spread article on her in 1992. That car won it's class at a Super Chevy Sunday drag race as well.

The other great LS6 car was a 1970 Chevelle. White with red interior, and an automatic. It would run 13.52 on stock Polyglas and 13.05 on street Hoosier slicks. Very consistent car that did great at the drags. It go in a Super Chevy magazine layout about the Texas show. They were supposed to do a write-up on the other 3 cars I had there that day, but never came out. It was also in the drag race action pic in Muscle Car Review magazine.

The last item is the LS6 Vette in a Musclecards collection the Corvette Fever writer got it included in.

I left musclecars for a few years, but bought Rob's 1970 Boss 302 16 months ago, and am loving going retro again.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and Tenney like this.
  2. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    My 1970 Dodge Challenger RTSE was in a couple of magazines about 15-17 years ago, and also during that time frame my 1970 plum crazy purple dart swinger was in a magazine as well. Additionally I owned the on camera Nash Bridges Cuda for about two or three years.

of2worlds, Tenney and DIGMAN52 like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #3 of2worlds, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Speaking of LS6 Corvettes, these guys bought a new Corvette in 1971 and have raced it ever since then. Here is a picture of their class win at the Indy Nationals in 2017.
    Not sure if the got any 'ink' beyond National Dragster!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    For 1970 they raced a silver LS6 Chevelle hardtop with an automatic. In those days the LS6 ran in SS/DA which had a tough record to run off of with those pesky Chrysler Hemi cars.

Some people like Truppi/Kling got the idea of an LS6 in a heavier 1970 Chevelle convertible to race in the softer record class SS/EA. It turned out to be a good idea as they won the NHRA World Finals that year with Ray Allen (2nd from the right) driving.

DIGMAN52 and Tenney like this.
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The best way to get a story written about your car was to have a magazine sponsor your race car. That was what Tritak & Morgan did with their Super Stock & Drag Illustrated magazine sponsored 1970 Hemi 'Cuda. This Hemi car ran the tough SS/DA class. Ironically Truppi Kling towed that Super Stock Magazine Hemi 'Cuda to the World Finals race behind their Chevelle race car. The 'Cuda was behind all the way to the track and still behind the race winner, all the way home to. No Hemi or any other Super Stock car could beat that special 454 Chevelle convertible!

375+, DIGMAN52 and Tenney like this.