Sold - 2018 Shelby GT350, one owner, 1570 miles. $52,900 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 2018 Shelby GT350, one owner, 1570 miles. $52,900

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by pce01, Jun 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    GT350 owner here--also did the Ford Racing school. These cars punch way above the sum of of their parts. It is simply incredible. You expect, for the dollars etc. a GT3 to be good (and it is) but the goodness baked into these cars is incredible.

2. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Scotty, unfortunately I wasn't able to do the Ford Performance Racing School. I am sure that was great fun, and it gave you an opportunity to really experience the capabilities of the GT350 on the track. I am sorry I missed that chance.

3. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    How quick does this thing feel? Any low end grunt or do you really have to wind it up? 0 to 60 seems slow

4. key03

key03 Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Chicago
    It is not a hole shot car. From 4,000 rpm all the way to 8250 hang on. On the track it is so well balanced and fast, and the brakes are unreal. Ford Performance did an amazing job.

5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Agree with key03. It doesn't fell "slow" but it certainly does not feel at all like 500+ hp. My '987 M3 (with 240 hp) feels much "quicker" driving around town.

6. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I agree. I have been careful for the first thousand miles to observe a break-in period, so I haven't tried any maxed out 0-60 runs. The power does come on very strong at 4000 rpm up to the 8250 red line, however. The car is very easy to drive around town or at highway cruising speeds.

7. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    It is a little like driving a 360/430 vintage Ferrari (and I've owned both). Feels heavier on its feet, of course, but the only way to tap the power is either to drive around in first gear at 400o RPM or have some open road where you can hammer it. And I likely wouldn't like it (as I am more of a torque whore around town--though the track is different) except that it sounds so amazing, even at lower RPMs, and the handling/steering is just otherworldly good.

key03 likes this.
  8. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    No problem around town at lower rpms, and great sound in either exhaust mode.

albert328gts likes this.
  9. key03

key03 Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Chicago
    Yes, the sound is addictive.

Scotty likes this.
  10. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Been doing some reading on these. Is this the original engine? What is the failure rate like? Do the newer engines not fail?

11. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Original engine. IDK failure rate, but proper break-in important. No issues with this car in 1630 miles.

Scotty likes this.
  12. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    The failure issue is real, but also seemingly larger because of the web and cases getting perhaps more attention than needed.

I don't necessarily know that any of this is exactly true, but all sound advice: 1) don't hit redline on a cold motor, 2) if you track your car consider oil separators (available from Ford performance) on both cylinder banks, and 3) be anal about checking the oil level and oil changes. There has been some chat about oil pump failure--not sure there is anything preventative you can do about that. Oh, and if somewhat fragile oil rings are part of the problem, don't floor the car in the upper gears at low RPMs (meaning don't lug and then floor the engine).

Thecadster likes this.
  13. key03

key03 Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Chicago
    Ford is replacing any engines that have oil consumption issues and not allowing any dealer tear downs. That “failure rate”, if you can call it that is less than 1% from data that has been compiled by users. There are a handful of new engines (2019-20) that have dropped a valve and seized. Most with break-in mileage( under 1,000 miles). This appears to be a bad batch of valves or a tolerance issue. For such a high strung engine it is very reliable and Ford is replacing the motors

Thecadster and Scotty like this.
  14. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    That's the problem with the internet. Every tiny problem seems large

Gorgeous car btw. Would consider it if but I am in Canada

15. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I bought my Ferrari in Canada. Pre COVID19, of course.

16. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    53K USD works out to 70k at least for me, and warranty doesn't transfer.

but you now have me looking into this. dealer here has one build slot left...

17. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Engine failure cn partially be traced to low quality of oil pump gear.

18. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
  19. HelpMeHelpU

HelpMeHelpU Rookie

Jul 27, 2017
    If you put this up on BaT, I would be very surprised if you didn't exceed your asking price here. You can also check recent sales, too.

Hey...BTW, I am originally from Pittsford.

tres55 likes this.
  20. key03

key03 Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Chicago
    Mecum just auctioned off 3 low mileage R's this last weekend and they all went for way more than I thought. Since this is the final year of the GT350, it seems like the prices are firming up now.

21. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    We lived in Pittsford before moving to Victor and then to Webster on the the Bay. I have had some interest from various advertising sources, but no firm deal yet. I may go the BAT route shortly.

HelpMeHelpU likes this.
  22. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yes, I don't think there will be another Shelby like this in the future. Particularly with the 6-speed.

23. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Hello is the car in NY or Fla?

24. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I sold my 2017 within 6 hours here in Canada with multiple backups at full asking price. Surprised this hasn't moved yet!

Thecadster likes this.
  25. pce01

pce01 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2013
    Rochester, NY/Tampa
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's in the Rochester, NY area.