New 360 with 6500 km | FerrariChat

New 360 with 6500 km

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gas76, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gas76

Gas76 Rookie

Dec 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Pavelka
    Hi guys. I want to buy a Ferrari 360 with a manual transmission. Gialo Modena. The car has driven only 6500 kilometers. It stood for 10 years in the collection and did not drive. Service was now performed, including the timing belt. Can there be a problem if the car did not drive? Wasn't it in service? Would you buy such a car? It costs almost 100t eur.

Thank you Martin

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

don't even start the car.
    start with engine oil/ gearbox oil, coolant, brake fluid, steering oil change
    then timing belt change, aux belt inspection
    pretty much every inspection

3. Gas76

Gas76 Rookie

Dec 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Pavelka
    the service was performed by the seller. Probably not good when the car has been standing for so long

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

the service has to be re-performed.
    so don't start the car

5. Gas76

Gas76 Rookie

Dec 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Pavelka
  6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

that's good then.

7. 360Marnix

360Marnix Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2017
    Holland
    Changed belts is good. But be prepared when you going to use the car, the first year you will have extra maintenance and issues. A car is made to drive, not for long term parking.

KC360 FL likes this.
  8. Gas76

Gas76 Rookie

Dec 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Pavelka
    I'm afraid of that... the mechanic warned me of problems and oil leaks. I'm interested in your opinion, whether to buy such a car at all is not cheap

9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

depending on how much, if it is $8,000, I'll take it even if it had a crash

10. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    That car is a garage queen and should remain one, i.e. be bought by another collector who will clean and admire it on a shop floor

A friend of mine bought one with even less miles and as mentioned earlier the oil leaks were always present until he actually had to spend almost $20K after purchase to fix everything, incl the suspension. The suspension lights were driving him crazy.

You may have better luck but you asked.

11. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    The allure of a low mileage cars is great. But a car sitting like that, I'd pass.

The only thing that could change that is the fact that it's a three pedal car. If you have to have a 6 speed MT then maybe. You may be okay with the additional issues the car may have as well as the additional $$$ you may need to have stockpiled for the "just in case" issues. And I'm guessing this one has a pretty hefty price tag on it. So going in you're going to have a lot to pay. And in my mind you are really only paying for condition. We all know that these 360s when properly cared for are remarkably reliable and can be driven well into the "high mileage" range and still be mechanically sound.

When I bought my 360 three years ago I set my sights on cars with over 15K miles. I had no interest in a gated car so the field was quite larger when considering an F1. And I looked at the CarFax to determine how many miles a year it was driven. I had no interest in paying a premium for a car that simply sat for a year or more with no miles added.

Seals dry out. Bearings too. I once bought a low mileage 911 that was only used by a traveling entertainer when he returned home. I ended up replacing a lot of seals and once I pressed the car into regular drives the rear carrier bearings started to groan. Had to replace them too.

It's a balance between mileage and condition. You may find that a car with a few bumps and bruises is more fun to own. Not so much fretting over the little things that happen along the way to a car you actually get to enjoy and put miles on--- without the guilt that comes with a low mileage perfect car.

all the best, Ken

78bonanza likes this.
  12. Gas76

Gas76 Rookie

Dec 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Pavelka
    I like this color, I wanted a little used car, but I'll probably keep looking, I don't want to risk any problems. there is still a car with a 20t kilometer on offer

13. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Probably a good idea. The color, well I used to have a hankering for a Speed Yellow 911 but it kind of got old to me after a while. My tastes have gone to a more understated desire when it comes to color.

But folks should always buy what they want. Not what they think everyone expects to see.

good luck, Ken

14. Gas76

Gas76 Rookie

Dec 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Martin Pavelka
    I'm in contact with another seller. The car is red and crema interior. 20t km. in Europe, these cars with manual transmission are very expensive. the price is 95t eur. but manual transmission is a condition ‍♂️ thanks for the feedback

15. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    IS there a reason why that car with so low miles has a challenge bumper?

16. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Honestly. For such a low mileage vehicle, if this really is your dream car, and in the dream spec you want.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive it. Just, have all the fluids done, and the belts done. Try and drive it as much as you can, and leave a budget to work out the kinks.

I mean, if you really want to go another step, drop the engine, and replace the hoses and what-not too, along with the clutch and all. Just treat the 6,500 Mile car, as it was a 165,000 Mile car, and replace things, and then you won't have anything to worry about.

17. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I agree, Very odd it would have a jUST a challenge stradale front bumper put on it, makes me think it was involved in an undisclosed front end accident.