Car Audio Shop in/around Westchester (NY) | FerrariChat

Car Audio Shop in/around Westchester (NY)

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by KennyH, Jul 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Hi all,

Hoping for some recommendations for a shop to do some work (swap out PCM, backup cam) in my [new to me] Porsche.

While I understand that AI Design is one of the best, for a couple of reasons (namely communication and price), I’d prefer to find another shop.

Thank you!

Kenny

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I've looked into radio places in the past but it was long ago and all I could recall is the place on central Avenue in white plains across from Hmart has been in business over 30yrs, had dealing with him , pia, but again yrs in business means something.
    There's a pop up place on mamaroneck Ave near the car wash, i forget the name, i think they do plus big into wraps. I had used places in CT but I think not there anymore.
    Good luck , pls post if you find a place, I'd be curious.

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Hey Kenny!
    I was going to gibe you for not visiting our friend Gus at Technik 1. However, it looks like he has closed up shop. :(
    Gus Tsekenis
    Technik 1 - CLOSED
    552 W 48th St, New York, NY 10036

Certainly, not second - what about Eddie @
    Detailing Dynamics

4. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    if your referring to Enthusiast's Auto, last I checked they are more into detailing/ceramic coating/xpel wraps on high end cars and some engine work, don't recall them doing radio/electronics. though they may have changed.

5. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Yes. I saw on fb post he did a radar for someone , but I'm not sure if it was an exception

6. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Ah, I wish it was that easy. Gus (and Technik1) did an excellent job adding Focal speakers to the 360 a few years ago as well as some minor work to my ML550. If they were open, I’d go there without thinking twice. Anyone know what he’s up to these days?

And, Clyde, it’s great to hear from you. Looking forward to a drive when conditions permit...

RPM217 likes this.