Wanted - Blue F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Wanted Blue F12

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by SCantera, Jun 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    No kidding. Absurd. Plus the owner could net out more if he’s getting tax trade credit on the 200k. What a dummy.

Cigarzman, BOKE and Texas Forever like this.
  2. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    Have you talked with Murray over at Ferrari in San Diego or Mike at Yellow compass.... they have some incredible networks and access into folks.

S

Avia11 likes this.
  3. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I have spoken with Mike at Yellow Compass, but not with Murray at Ferrari of San Diego. I have asked a few dealers that I have worked with if they knew of cars that would fit my color/options.

Blu Pozzi F12s while not rare are not the norm....reds, black and grays are prevalent. There are 4 Blu Pozzi cars for sale that I know of. One I made a run at in Charlotte, another at Miller w/ a brown interior [not my taste], the CA car is right but not in my budget and another in NJ. Ferrari of Atlanta has a TDF car. While I know TDF looks great on the 458 [and other mid-engine cars] I prefer the subtle dark Blu Pozzi color. I think of the F12 as kind of a stealth car. Most won't notice it as much as the mid-engine Ferraris. I prefer stealth colors to match.

of2worlds, JAM1 and Texas Forever like this.
  4. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    TF...only a CPA like you would try to calculate $$$/mile. I would never even think of that owning Ferraris. Or worse.....Maseratis. It's like when someone ask what gas mileage does the car get? Don't know and don't care. :D

JAM1 and Texas Forever like this.
  5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I cant hep myself

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SCantera likes this.
  6. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan

Agreed. Have a chat with Murray also. Mike is a magician extraordinaire

s

7. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B

Yes.

8. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    As Gomer Pyle would say....Suurrprize...suurrprize....suurrprize.....the salesman at Charlotte McLaren is now calling me wanting to make a deal on the car I offered too much for. No thanks. He did me a favor by not accepting my near-full price offer. I will wait to find the right car and value.

Sorry....they blew off an offer that they won't get as time goes on. F12s are not going to appreciate in the current market as more 812s come on the market and prices drop.

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Maybe you should wait until the fall as it seems price is very important to you. That's only months away. However, you won't get to own and drive an F12 this summer or perhaps this year depending on the winter and you'll be forced to slum around in the 599 until then! :)

10. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Yes price is important but it's not the only parameter. Value is key. I will pay more for a newer car if it's the right one. For cars under 10k miles and with my desired options I think 2013s should be at or under $200k...'14s $200-$210k, '15s $210-$220k, 16's $220-$225k and 17's $230k+. I don't want a 13. I would prefer a '15 or '16 but the couple of cars I like are still priced more than I want to pay. If I wanted a red or black or gray color there are plenty to choose from. Not many blu cars out there.

The problem with the Charlotte car is it's a '14 w/ few options. I just noticed they dropped it another $1000...now $208,996. To think I offered $208k a couple of weeks ago and they turned me down seems senseless.

I agree that going into fall and early winter the prices will drop some more. I am not in any rush. My slummin' 599 is in great condition and is going to depreciate less than the F12s.

Texas Forever likes this.
  11. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I think you are smart to wait, just looking over the amount of 812's for sale is surprising to me, not sure what is going on here ,is it the GTS deliveries and the coupes must be sold to pave the way or the 90 coming, either way I think too much supply to absorb meaning prices must come down on the 812 coupes. As you say that can only spell price reductions for the F-12's.

ryalex and Texas Forever like this.
  12. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    There are more than 100 812s on the market the last time I looked. To be in the Ferrari "selected buyers" group you sometime you have to buy 2 cars to get the one you want. And once you are in the group you have to keep buying to be able to buy the latest models. So 812s are being sold to buy the GTS. Not much different than what transpired a few years ago with 458s and 488s. You had to buy the coupe before you could get on the list for the Spyder. Had a couple of friends that to gain entry had to buy a Cali too.

The production V-12s depreciate a ton. Time is on my side here.

LARRYH and Texas Forever like this.
  13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    So I guess spending $500k to order a new car and configure it just for you is out of the question? The warranty extension for the V12 is +13k for the first extension and then $7 each year after. At year 8-15 you can go year-year a little cheaper and get the annual included.

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I would tell the salesperson “ that train left the station “ and make a new offer to your satisfaction if you still like the car.
    Best , Kirk.

LARRYH, tres55 and SCantera like this.
  15. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    While I could buy a new car I won't. The V-12s seem to depreciate 60% or more over a few years. And finding a well-cared for car with low mileage is what I have and will continue to do. For $500k I can buy a nice F12, a 458 Spider and toss in a brand new DD. Which is exactly where I am going. 3 for 1 w/o paying huge depreciation costs. I don't worry about warranty. Have had a dozen different V-12s over the past 40 years. Not one had a warranty. I will "takes-me-chances". o_O

16. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    It's a good strategy. The F12 is relatively bulletproof, so you should be alright although you can sometimes get the dealer to throw in a Power warranty for piece of mind. I was in the same boat as you, wanted a blue F12 and waited over a year until a nice tailor made car came up. Couldn't be happier with my decision, I'm sure you will love yours.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

rampante550 and Solid State like this.
  17. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Glad you found what you were looking for. Love that picture!!!

I will keep on the lookout for the right car.

ewright likes this.
  18. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    It felt like an interminably long wait, but in the end it was all worth it. Your timing couldn't be better: given a couple months I'm sure you will find the car you want at a price that was unthinkable in early 2020.

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I went the other way. Paid sticker on your favorite 2013 model year and have zero depreciation. That's what makes this passion all so great. Many ways to define and achieve your goal of Ferrari ownership. :)

SCantera and Texas Forever like this.
  20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Following along. Also considering blue, or black. Since I intend to wrap my next car too, getting yellow calipers, the ten spokes and Daytonas are more important than the specific body color. But I find that the blue cars have tan/couioiuoiuoio seats.

21. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
  22. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Patience prevailed!

Job well done.

23. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Love the F12 ! Congrats !!!

MDS

24. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats pal! gorgeous color combo!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  25. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Can't wait to take delivery. I asked FCNJ to hold the car for a few more weeks. My new log garage in the mountains will be complete at the end of September. I will then have 3 Fcars, an Alfa 4C and my trusty Maser QP shipped up from FL and the F12 shipped down from NJ. I am looking forward to putting the 575 SA+599+F12 together for a BIG V-12 photo shoot. Enzo would be proud :D. Image Unavailable, Please Login

pchop, Yellow Compass, JOEV and 5 others like this.