Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    "What have you done for me lately?"

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Multi 21. You make it sound like Webber ever had a fair shot at anything there.

moretti, DF1 and william like this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Prescient

Truth

+1

History repeats itself

HA

Truth

ingegnere likes this.
  5. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    One of the main reasons Dan moved to Renault, who wants to play second fiddle to the Euros dictated by the Fizzy Can company ?

Vettel, like Hamilton, does well when he has a dominant car but loses it big time, just like Hamilton, when things go against him

Some here forget how well Rosberg did against the goat, or that Jensen Button outscored him

ingegnere likes this.
  6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    True. Lewis never has been very strong when under pressure from his team-mate, except (and this has to be said also) when the team mate was Fernando Alonso during his first F1 season. Lewis seems like he needs to be somewhat pampered. Otherwise, we have textos like at Spa, when at McLaren: he was crying publicly: "I was beaten to pole by Jenson, because Jenson has a better rear wing than I do".
    Now, eight years later, he might be a different man and driver, but the truth is that after Nico retired, he never really was unsettled by Bottas.
    (Again: I do not forget that, if Lewis' engine hadn't quitted in Malaysia, Nico wouldn't have been champion; but his engine has quitted, so...)

Rgds

stavura, moretti and 375+ like this.
  7. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Actually Hambone has much, much better at keeping his cool over the last 5 years. Seb becomes totally ineffective once his nerves are shattered, whilst Hamilton is always a threat to the very last lap. I'm no Hambone fan, but it is what it is. If Schui had been around in or near his prime over the last 5 years, I have no doubt he could have won multiple WDCs even without the best car OR team.

moretti likes this.
  8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
  9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Start to believe one of the reasons Vettel always spins as soon as he’s touched might be that he still keeps the throttle pushed while braking which worked well for Schumy or with the blown diffuser but makes the car too unstable in wheel to wheel

ingegnere likes this.
  10. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    i wasn't surprised anymore to see him spinning again today
    like an old story
    sad feeling

william and paulchua like this.
  12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Agree'd to this above. No driver is perfect but in a comparison LH is so much more complete than Vettel. With no RedBull drive Vettel is mid field and with a non memorable legacy. He lacks race craft and patience to say the least. He can qualify well but lack race skills when needed.

moretti, TurboFreak650 and william like this.
  13. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Your observations are spot on as usual mate.

DR and CL have made SV look second rate.

He was never going to be another Schumacher but Ferrari were hoping lightning would strike twice ....... their car is still not up to scratch and they need more power

william likes this.
  14. DF1

im really unhappy to not see Ricci at Ferrari. I think Ricci experience would 'play well' there, assist the team and Charles as well. Sainz to me is not the correct choice but we are now going to have to endure that.

15. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Vettel reminds me of the Hamilton of 2011: he was not slow but he was crashing with everybody.

With time and different conditions Hamilton recovered some composture. Maybe the same could happen to Vettel, who knows, but I don't think Ferrari should wait for that.

stavura, 375+ and paulchua like this.
  16. DF1

He has had the opportunity to change and appears to not be interested in assessing his style or limitations enough to see a difference. Ferrari waited and they have moved on.

paulchua likes this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh wise one, tell me the future again.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wikdstrate and ingegnere like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I did not follow Vettel during Red Bull years.

All I know is a saw a driver crash into Hamilton on Purpose (that is not professional, and when I lost most respect for him) - and now, instead of looking in the mirror and saying he needs to improve - he blames the car - the same car that a 2nd year rookie is mopping the floor with Vetttel's face.

Vettel, you ain't no Schumacher, that' s for sure. Get the hell out of of here, you piece of poop - you break my heart Vettel, you break my heart.

19. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Seb started out his first full year in F1 crashing people out. He retired Webber at Fuji in 2007 with a brutal impact. It was to be RBR's first podium finish, but SV in the Torro Rosso had other plans. SV hasn't learned a single thing since then.

I hope Ferrari dump him before the season is over.

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think i will quit while i'm winning LOL,however we can expect more of the same of course, i just hope he doesn't injure himself or anyone else in his final year in F1.

paulchua and ingegnere like this.
  21. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Ferrari should dump Vettel now. I don't think CL or the pit crew trust him, and they shouldn't. In his latest bonehead move today he could be trying to take out both CL who has been embarrassing him in every race since last year and his future replacement. I don't put it past him to do that as he's shown the tendency and temperament to do that before. He will be a net negative for the team for the rest of the short season. SF should give some seat time to one of their young test drivers if that is possible under FIA rules.

william, paulchua and ingegnere like this.
  22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I think it was a case of them not wanting two #1 drivers, Dan might have also been too playful for CL which wouldn't play out well for the scuderia

Sainz was pushed out of Renault for Dan, had a couple of medium races for McLaren and won't challenge CL very often

ingegnere likes this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I agree. I don’t trust him to not do something spiteful towards Ferrari and Leclerc.

jpalmito and william like this.
  24. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    That is really somewhat intriguing, I have to say; I remember that three years ago, he had signed an option with Ferrari, which was expiring on June 30th; it was at Ferrari's initiative, which means he accepted not to discuss any other deal with another team until June 30th, and if the option was not taken by Ferrari at this date, he was a free man again. And this is what happened. Daniel Ricciardo said afterwards that even if an option was agreed and signed, he never felt they were really interested in signing him...
    Mind you, looking at how the McLaren with a Renault engine was flying yesterday, D.R might have made the right choice for 2021. And I have to say I'm not sure that Carlos Sainz junior has made the right choice...

Rgds

william, DF1 and moretti like this.
  25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 spot on.