F430 Manual Madness on BAT | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F430 Manual Madness on BAT

Discussion in '360/430' started by catdog, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It sure will be interesting. This is a low miles spider too. Let's have a friendly bet on the sale price. I'll bet a nickel it goes for over $160K.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The car is worth about 125k in f1 form so add 30k for the conversion.

curvesurfer and Texas Forever like this.
  3. saudio

saudio Karting

Jul 22, 2014
    Western Virginia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And then throw in the wild card of the auction environment.

430tdf and one4torque like this.
  4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yeh gonna be a fun one to watch...

5. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    True, but let's be honest, a 458 is light years ahead of a 430 F1. And for me the looks of a 430 versus a 458: no contest. 430 MT or not.
    But of course if you're a wealthy "collector" then you probably have one of each. ;)

6. flsupraguy

flsupraguy Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    In performance? Certainly. In driver feedback and engagement certainly not.... Similiar to why air cooled 911s are preferred over water cooled. 1st gen NSX's preferred over gen 2... ect.

catdog and one4torque like this.
  7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Oh believe me, I have no intentions on trading my 360 in for a 458-- for all the reasons you stated. Just saying, hypothetically, if I was going all in for trading in my 360, I wouldn't have any interest in what looks and feels to me like a warmed over version of my car in the 430 if it was going to cost me as much as a 458. The allure of a manual trans in a 360 or a 430 is just not there for me. But the DCT is a major improvement plus I love the completely new look the 458 brought to the world of Ferrari. Wonderful design.

jehu999 and Apollo 11 like this.
  8. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Totally agree. If BAT wasn't such a legit site I would swear that I was being punked by some of those crazy sale prices. Everything I see and follow always seems to go for way more than I would have thought and some sale prices are just so puzzling to me-- And I'm in the car world as my business.
    Not a good place to buy I suppose but a terrific place to sell.

9. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    This. I get that the price of the factory-manual cars is hard to predict, they're less common and may not come around often. But converted cars? It's the market rate for an F1 car + $30k to convert. This should have a hard ceiling at $155 or so. Buyer pays another 5k in fees. Beyond that, unless it's your perfect spec or you need a car today, you're better off having one converted yourself.

Need4Spd likes this.
  10. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Buyers pay a 5% fee up to a maximum of $5,000.

11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    popcorn ready..... such a market disruptor...... these inferior gated things......
    let the market speak..... and the side-lines chatter.... for the answer will come soon enough!

12. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    sounds like a reasonable point except parts are becoming difficult or impossible to source...

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    We are above market for f1 with 2 days left. Most sticks were NOT well optioned. Taking a loaded 07+ and converting it cld be the ticket...when i first saw this auction I started thinking about doing my 06 with 20k miles- now im thinking about doing it to my $280k msrp 2007 with 3k miles....mmmmhh

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Personally my view is paying a premium for oem parts makes no sense. I bet the parts EAG is producing are better than the oem ones. And they can produce as many as they need to satisfy demand.

Need4Spd, curvesurfer and one4torque like this.
  15. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Still waiting to see photos of the parts they're making; genuinely curious to see which bits they're making themselves and how...

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Look forward to hearing about your findings. Can you post them in this thread when you jave conclusions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I emailed Art yesterday and got a reply back almost immediately saying "everything is getting CNC Billet Aluminum [sic] and investment cast". I asked again for details on which parts he was making, or indeed have any been made, but no response.

I take this to mean that the aftermarket parts don't exist as yet.

18. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    following...i'm tempted by the converted car on BaT but even more tempted to find a better-spec F1 Spyder and convert it myself, especially if the aftermarket parts are half the cost of OEMs.

19. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    do folks think the converted Spyder on BaT is 125k in F1 spec? low miles, Daytonas, shields and the gate but steel brakes, no carbon, no Challenge grill, no extra leather, stock manifolds/mounts, sticky buttons and some other interior flaws.

20. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    If it was an 09 it would be worth it. Price is all someone is willing to pay... personally I don't think its a great buy. Low mileage gives buyers a "hey its almost a new car" feel... reality is.... seals will leak, parts will be corroded. Ive learned through lots of time and money... cars dont like to sit.

Apollo 11 likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yep i agree

22. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Looks like I was too quick to judge- Art got back to me again. Apparently they have a 430 in now that’s due to be finished in the next few days, and it’s been done with all aftermarket parts. The owner is active on here I’m told, so hopefully will share some photos of the finished product.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Hard to say...my sense is recently higher mile spiders with oem headers are getting 100k. If they are getting 100k the top shelf no story low mile cars shld be 135 to 150 which is why I pegged this car @ 125. Cld certainly be a 115 car but below 110k and its tough to buy a spider today.

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What do they charge for labor? About 7500?

25. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    #75 catdog, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Honestly, does it really matter whether from factory or not? Engine is amazing, super sharp throttle response, light flywheel, great character, revs freely to 8500 and gearbox is nice and accurate... F1 gives you modern 2005-2009 era cutting edge single clutch response which is a LOT of FUN. Manual is one special car because it melds old school manual shifting with an utterly amazing engine... that's the value proposition... Forget collectibility (for a second please), given infinite $ (and excluding paddle shifters), what car would you love to take for a weekend morning drive??? F40, yes... Carrera GT, yes... Miura, yes... 288 GTO, YES and I would have to say manual F430 (regardless of how it got there...), YES YES YES...