Sagging door adjustment | FerrariChat

Sagging door adjustment

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by AndruL, Jul 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
  2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    AndruL likes this.
  3. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    AndruL likes this.
  4. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Thats not the right way to do this....should have forged the door upwards. You can do that with a jack when door is almost closed.

5. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    Whatever works, but I wouldn't bring a floor jack to my car. The adjustment that I did worked for me.

6. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    The way you did it has its limitations of course and is OK for very limited adjustment. Unfortunately it can cause issues with the door opening specifically on cabrio's that don't have the structural strength of the coupe. I performed the same adjustment to one of the doors of my cabrio, but wasn't able to open the door any longer when on a ramp (or even when the car is parked on an uneven spot) because the pin was positioned too high. No problem back on the flat floor, but you can still see that the door goes a tiny bit up when you close it and it makes more noise when closing because it's hitting the lock, really not ideal. I'm also in favor for the solution with a jack or press that forces the door up so that it's correctly positioned.

Cadillacbart likes this.