488 pista vs F8 tributo | Page 5 | FerrariChat

488 pista vs F8 tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by speed77, Feb 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Damn- came in and dropped the mic!

Caeruleus11, Ash Patel and Thecadster like this.
  2. dann0

dann0 Karting

May 7, 2010
    Love it.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Drama aside I tend to agree with this statement having driven both and owned a 488. I know many disagree.

With regards to the Pista- spot on. It’s a beast and will be a long term keeper for me.

ntatfas and sampelligrino like this.
  4. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Prettiest Ferrari in 40 years. Even more so than Challenge Stradale which is saying something (and I have one of those too).

5. briancpa

briancpa Rookie

Aug 7, 2013
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Brian Skelton
    Hi Marco

Hey would greatly appreciate your thoughts, my dealer is asking me to trade my speciale in for the pista they just took in on trade, while i think the car is drop dead beautiful and the lines are awesome, when i started it the car did not have that growl that the speciale has, and the idle seemed to not be responsive when i revved the motor, i was wondering if this is indicative of the turbo engine or its this car and has a throttle issue, i have not driven the pista, however my daily is a portofino which is great fun to and from the office - and i do have a 458 spider that is my first factory build i did and cant seem to part with it as i just love that interior and those leather Daytona seats.

Would very much appreciate your thoughts

6. ACK

ACK Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Anco
    Ordered an F8 last year and while waiting for delivery had the possibility to buy a 2020 Pista. The F8 is delivered and is a great car but the Pista is another level and so much more special in every way.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Omg your Pista. I’m in love. If you ever wish to sell pls DM me.

spyder625 and ACK like this.
  8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Wrong Country

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I saw that after the fact. I love that color on the Pista.

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    What color is that?

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Look like Rosso Fuoco to me.

12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    spyder625, Boomhauer, Jo Sta7 and 7 others like this.
  13. ACK

ACK Rookie

Aug 7, 2018
    Prague
    Full Name:
    Anco
    It's Rosso Fiorano 321. The shade of the red changes constantly and is very dependent on the type and amount of light its exposed too. It can go to a deeper cherish red shade, to a pure red shade to the more orange/red shade.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Its gorgeous, as are the other ones, I really also love the Fuoco one as well! WOW!!

I still own my 458 and Pista and had a 488 GTB for a while, had a pretty good test drive of F8, and I agree with the thoughts above. Its a wonderful car, but the Pista is on another level.

Bundy, ACK and SoCal to az like this.
  15. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  17. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Well I guess that sums it up.

Do you still have both cars?

Senna1994 likes this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Il Co-Pilota and Condor Man like this.
  19. TheRossatron

TheRossatron Karting

Jul 23, 2005
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I own a Pista, but have driven the F8 in Italy and in Scotland, both coupe and Spider. I was expecting a comfier Pista, but what it really felt like to me was a 488 GTB turned up to 11. The Pista still wins hands down for excitement and the sense of occasion, I also prefer the slightly simpler looks of the Pista vs the F8 although it's still a stunning looking car to look at. If you want the ADAS toys and all of the latest gadgets, it would be the perfect everyday supercar.

20. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    It’s funny because a number of journalists said that about the Pista. When mine arrived I thought the same for a few weeks and was initially a bit disappointed. Since pushing it harder it really does come alive and is a brilliant car. As discussed on the other thread, the F8 is different in my view to both the Pista and the 488. The steering is much nicer and helps the car to be more playful, like a quieter, faster Speciale. I think the Pista is still like an exaggerated 488 (why that is a bad thing, I’m not sure) but it has more performance, more aggression and lots more grip. To me the F8 has a bit of a different personality to the 488.

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I also felt much the same way. But they are all unmistakably 488s. Not that there is anything wring with that. I was seriously considering selling mine and I think I would have had I not been able to address the sound issue with the controller but oddly enough the sound issue did improve with mileage, and its not just a matter of getting used to it either as it genuinely got better. But in saying that it needs the controller for around town and when not in full blown sporty driving mode. It's worth addressing.

Gh21631 likes this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8 is a salient improvement over the 488 on every parameter of performance. It is faster, steering is more direct and tactile, the suspension is tuned to be sufficiently firm , never jarring, which results in greater car to driver feedback. The driving dynamics are more engaging and compelling. Aesthtically, the F8 is a tour de force. Driving the 488 engendered respect for its objective capabilities, but its lack of emotional inspiration and driver involvement left me non plussed. Ultimately, had no interest in its ownership. The F8 expands upon the 488 technical excellences and simultaneously injects a healthy dose of subjective excitement which tickles the right senses.

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #123 Shadowfax, Sep 9, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    I don't think anyone is arguing the improvements but the fact remains they are all clearly 488's. I've spend many a long mile in my 488gtb mainly in high country and track environments and, Pista as well for that matter. I could feel F8's improvements over gtb after the very first lap - mainly the steering and improved throttle and brake modulation and can recognize the clear differences between it and the Pista but at the end of the day they are all clearly 488's. Again please don't interpret that as being any negative as the 488 is a great mid mount platform and they are all great versions in their own individual right. But there is no question to which is the more exciting and compelling to drive out of the bunch - well not for me anyway. And insofar as the perceived power advantage I think you are splitting hairs on an element which isn't all that relevant in the general day to day as they all have so much power anyway, most which is rarely accessible for more than a split second or two. At this level of performance the spec sheet becomes a little redundant.

PS. I also think you're over embellishing the improvements when you haven't owned or spent the level of time and mileage in the types of environments as i and certain others have in the earlier Gtb. There are noticeable differences which distinguish the improvements between the two in the steering, suspension composure, throttle and brake response but they are not huge enough to say one is good and one is bad or unworthy to own, nor are either variants are different to the extent one could legitimately distance itself from the other by saying it isn't a 488 because of the labeling. Because that is just BS. You can call them whatever you want but they are all 488's.

Caeruleus11 and Napoli like this.
  24. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    LOL!!

I thought that the usual suspects would find it a better place to discuss the differences rather than in the F8 thread.

Shadowfax likes this.
  25. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I have never thought that the Pista looks simple. In my mind it has always looked absolutely menacing and purposeful! This was the main reason I upgraded from the 488GTB. Which was very simple and boring for me to look at.

Performance wise I always found my 488GTB to be absolutely mega! The sound was aggressive and it did everything whilst driven in anger perfectly!