What’s the fastest you’ve ever had your 360/430? | FerrariChat

What’s the fastest you’ve ever had your 360/430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Husker, Jul 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I touched 100mph for about 5 seconds in my 360 on an open road. Been there, done that, probably never do it again.

2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    110mph..... but my speedo instrumentation is optimistic...... gps says 10mph less than indicated for some reason..... on stock tires....

** this was on a closed course.... etc... etc...

3. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    #3 imahorse, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    150 or so. The nice part about Wisconsin is it isn't hard to find places with little to no traffic.

Edit: Did I say Wisconsin? I meant Mexico. On a closed course of course ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    About 175mph. Not saying where. :)

78bonanza and VAF84 like this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I want to say about 145 in the F430; it was around there that I stopped looking down. It's the fastest I've ever gone though, and honestly as fast as I want to go (at least in this car). That's where I start to feel my mortality. I got it up to roughly the same speed in my old 2006 Cayman S, just took a bit longer!:)

6. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

The old Mexico or the New Mexico :p

7. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    125 last weekend for about 15 seconds on the turnpike... top down, F430 spider car felt like it was stapled to the pavement could have gone faster, but phreaked myself out. Forget the ticket...you blow a tire at that speed, and its nite nite baby

8. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    My attorney advised me to plead the fifth and remain silent

Caphill, one4torque and cole328 like this.
  9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There is a seldom traveled road in Central California with a couple of very long, very straight "bowls". You could see if someone were headed toward you literally for more than a mile out. I hit 178 feet per minute on the first, 182 feet per minute on the second. I probably wouldn't do that again. I was with my chiropractor. A few days later, he gave me a gift, a T-shirt with the band "Blink 182" on it. :)

ditpixs and VAF84 like this.
  10. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Started to get a bit unstable at 165 due to the road I was on (Mexican roads arent great) so I backed out.

Caphill and Skidkid like this.
  11. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    So.... basically 2 mph. Right?

I mean....

Really?

;-)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

BlacktopRacing and Ghostdiver like this.
  12. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I've had the 430 at an indicated 160. Things were happening pretty fast, at that point.
    I was disappointed to learn that my dash cam quits tracking speed at 120mph. Everything over that just says "0mph". (It's a vantrue N2Pro, and vantrue doesn't really care enough to respond intelligently)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

13. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

heihei, so am i supposed to report all of you to law enforcement considering current state of affairs? LMAO

14. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I regularly bring my 360 Spider to 110 MPH. I've had it to 125 with the top down. It was very smooth and the engine just whirred away. The wind noise inside was insanely quiet. I've had quite a few convertibles over the years and the 360 Spider is hands down the most tame inside the cockpit at speed. The worst was a 1969 Olds 442. That was a wild beast. Second best was a Triumph Spitfire, but it could only manage about 65 MPH top speed. I had an SL63 that had all sorts of technological gizmos to tame the wind and it was pretty lousy.

SRLC716 and jag-oo-r like this.
  15. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    150mph straight away on track, before turn 1

one4torque likes this.
  16. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Agreed. I've had dozens of convertibles in my life, ranging from Corvairs & Mustangs to Fiats & Healey's. Current crop includes an R52 Mini, Porsche 986, and my daughter's PT Cruiser. NONE of these cars have ever allowed a normal-voice conversation in the cabin with the top-down over 50mph. But the 430 does.
    So Impressive.

17. Carbide

Carbide Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Full Name:
    Dave Schneyer
    155ish. I don’t know how accurate the speedo is and don’t really focus on that at that kinda speed. Stuff happens fast!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
  19. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hence the feet per minute metric.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  20. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    162 according to my track app at Daytona during the F Club annual meet a couple of years ago.

21. 328gts1987

328gts1987 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 11, 2007
    Rotterdam Holland
    Full Name:
    Fred
    We dutchies are so happy to have Germany as neighbour. We always joke it is the only reason we "accept" the Germans into the EU. If they ban this limitless speed at the autobahn we occupy Germany for more space :D:D:D

Topping out at maximum on the autobahn is heaven but also exhausting as you really need to concentrate and look far ahead. You will need exceptional breaks/ceramics.

At Nurburgring you can even fill up the tank octane 103 but isn't cheap but much, much faster. max on GPS at 340km/u (=211 m/h) in the spider, open top.
    Going on road trip within 2 weeks to Italy by driving down south on the autobahn. Will install GoPro and drop the link here, police can't tough us :p

Bigilo, Need4Spd, VAF84 and 1 other person like this.
  22. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Have to agree on your good fortune. My wife and I lived near the Hague for 4 years in the 90s and really miss the more disciplined approach that Europeans have towards driving in general. Driving licenses aren't handed out willy nilly like they are in the U.S. - you actually have to demonstrate some highway intelligence.

I remember the billboards in Germany showing a line of cars in the left lane with the words "Und Sie?" (and you?). I know the German police will ticket people for loitering in the left lane on the autobahn - wish they'd apply that same practice in the U.S.

Stealthssfc likes this.
  23. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    160, but I've only had the car less than a week :)

Husker, KC360 FL and jcurry like this.
  24. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    and why again do you have a Ferrari?

25. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    150mph in the 360 approaching turn12 at COTA. 175mph in 355 somewhere in Texas many years ago.