Single post lifts? | FerrariChat

Single post lifts?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Teenferrarifan, Jun 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes, I’ve searched and there are a few threads, but nothing really recent. Educate me on single post lifts? Pros/cons, etc. I have 11ft ceilings and 220 power already in each bay.

I’m debating between the auto stacker and a single post lift.

Erik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    A regular 4 post lift will allow both storage and maintenance and cleaning of bottom and the most inexpensive

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    In my case though a four post will limit ability to park a third car in the middle area. Having a single post on each outside wall, will mean I can park three across still fairly easily.

I’m not doing maintenance and money is not the main driver.

Erik

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    In that case .. I can state that one of my friend loved his single post lift

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Teenferrarifan likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I have a four post lift and wish I had a single post. Try www.aclifts.com. Have heard good things about them.

6. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    I just installed a single post lift (M1 4.5 from American Custom Lift). Overall pretty happy with it. I decided for the single post due to the limited space in my single car detached garage; I thought that 4 posts would be on the way (practically and cosmetically).
    So far, customer service has been pretty good.
    If you decide to go with this lift, I would recommend you to consider the alternative race ramps instead than the heavy metal ones. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. James R

James R Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2020
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    James Richards
    @Nel1, did you have to modify the following? Roof height, Garage Door Height when open and movement of garage door opener?

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Great pictures and input... How high is your ceiling?

Erik

9. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    I have 2 of those exact lifts with about 11 foot ceilings (10’9”). They have a wide car ramp option and they have a chrome insert option which were both helpful. Lifts work great. They do need reinforcements in the concrete though.

Teenferrarifan likes this.
  10. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    I built the detached garage with the lift in mind so I did not modify any existing garage to put the lift in.
    Roof height is 11 feet (highest point in the center). There roof starts at 10 feet by the walls and progressively gets to 11 feet. See first picture below. Plenty of space, in fact I can put my son’s Corolla all the way up in the lift and still fits (barely but it does).
    Only modification that I did to the garage door / rails was ask the installer to keep the rails going up as much as possible before turning in parallel to the ceiling. The key for the garage door is to use a wall-mounted opener so that there is no rail in the middle. I used liftmaster model 8500, works great.

11. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    11 feet at the center. Ceiling starts at 10 feet at the wall edge and progressively gets to 11 feet. Plenty of space for this lift and take a small sedan all the way up.

12. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    My single post lift gives me full access to the belly of the car. I bought mine with 6 oil pans that can be easily removed (they are just like trays) in case that I want to perform maintenance.

The same single post lift can be purchased with a heavier center insert that is not easy to remove and will prevent access to the bottom of the car. So it all depends on the configuration / accessories that are ordered with the lift.

flash32 likes this.
  13. James R

James R Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2020
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    James Richards
    Thank you so much! Those are all the answers I needed. I love your lift install. Cars aren't too shabby, either :)... Very nice. I have a Jag F-Type and a Ferrari 488 Spider that I would like to stack and, this looks perfect.

14. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    James, don't even hesitate getting the single post lift. I used to have a 4 post and for me it was much too obtrusive. Went to the single post from AClifts and it's been really great going on around 6 years now. Excellent company to work with as well.

James R likes this.
  15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    EnzoItaly and James R like this.
  16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #16 ttforcefed, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    4 posts lifts are a waste (assuming you dont care about working on the cars)- anything that's up on the lift basically stays up there...im going to do a single post from AClifts. just need to map out where my radiant heat is. the big single post lift gets enough height you can put an SUV underneath. you need 4 inches of concrete slab also.

Thecadster and rob lay like this.
  17. thoke

thoke Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Ridgway CO
    Full Name:
    T.Hoke
    Rob,
    What is it you like about the AC Lifts vs others available?

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    AC Lifts is certainly in the upper echelon for quality, which you have to pay for. Most opt out and get more than they need for little less. I like the service and extras with AC Lifts, it is SOLID! Very pretty perfect manufactured. They even custom constructed for me taking off 3" and adding some new lock-in levels. Have diamond plate floor option too.

Others would have to educate what other brands are comparative quality and then from there.

readplays likes this.