Are Boxers selling? | FerrariChat

Are Boxers selling?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by TerryG!, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164263443415

This rhd car has been for sale since 2016, at least. At auction back then I watched it fail to reach reserve at around £280k (when some asking prices were around £400k) and it is now priced at £175k. On inspection back then the interior was OK but not what I’d expect when prepped for sale and the underneath wasn’t looking fresh either.

There seem to be many Boxers on the market presently and I just wonder how they are selling. I know about the recently auctioned 365 in France, at about €275k, but have many others changed hands?

Comments? Will this one soon be a ‘good buy’ for someone? What characterises the typical buyer now?

2. ronc52

ronc52 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That seems real cheap for a 365 with that mileage! Depending on the service it needs

3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    #3 A348W, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    This sort of thing annoys me; it’s blatant “click bait” by Brooklands.

the car is for sale...by auction and the eBay price is the average estimate price.

As to this particular car; if it’s been for sale that long must be something interesting going on.

If you follow boxers you will know about the two recently sold in the UK.

4. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Perhaps I should follow more closely!

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    for a 365 BB wrong exhaust
    I wonder about the low price ;)

6. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I know that car well. Original RHD, went to the Far East when new and came back in the late 80's I think. Started life in the blue that it is today but came back from the Far East in red with I believe cream and red interior. Went into a collection on the way back into the UK and sold a few years after that. The present owner has put the car back into its original colours both inside and out, engine out and refreshed (at 4500 miles !) The interior lacks a bit of soul and the paint is not quite right. Lacks a little history is the main stumbling block of what I thought was a nice car.
    I think its so far away from the norm with its Royal ownership, colour changes, crazy low milage etc that buyers are simple scared away from it !

7. dradambbb

dradambbb Karting

Apr 24, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Adam
    If I had more time (and I suppose a little more money) I'd buy it and drive loads. Such low mileage - what a waste of a good GT!

8. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Sold/hammered for £149,000. £166,800 all in.

9. OLDBENZ

OLDBENZ Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    UK and Caribbean
    Greetings. To answer the thread title I have just bought a 512BB in the UK in Azzuro Metallizatto. It is fresh from a nut and bolt rebuild by Carrozzeria Autosport (Bacchelli & Villa) near Modena and rather more expensive than the recent auction sales which would not have 'floated my boat'. It joins a collection of a dozen or so cars, mostly classic Astons and to date is the only Ferrari. I am looking forward to getting behind the wheel.

10. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Thanks for posting. I hope you enjoy your purchase.

11. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

A 84 BBI just sold at Mecum for $340K.

ag512bbi likes this.
  12. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    A stark contrast to the 365 BB at Historics‘ (Windsor) sale.

13. amust

amust Rookie

May 6, 2016
    One 84 BB512i at Mecum sold for $374K all in The second 84 BB512i did not meet reserve,the bidding stopped at $250K + 12% $280K

14. 33guana

33guana Karting

Dec 12, 2006