Finally!! In the 458 Club Now - First Ferrari! | FerrariChat

Finally!! In the 458 Club Now - First Ferrari!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by socialpro1, Jul 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I have been a Lambo and Porsche guy for years - having owned several 911s as well as other Porsches and 2 Gallardos (Both LP, one gated).

After selling my recent boxster spyder was looking at picking up either a GT3 OR a 458 as those were also two of my top bucket list cars. A great friend of mine (who is also a huge porsche/ferrari) enthusiast had a perfect 458 spec for me and we eventually agreed on a price and next thing you know it's in my garage.

Not much I can add that hasn't been rehashed here many times already - but All I got say is - what a car!!

Way different feeling to Porsches and Lambos I owned, and many that I previously drove.

This is my first Ferrari, and after a brief time in the car - I can see what the big deal is. I'm almost losing my lust for Lambos - new and old after stepping into this. I had an extensive drive in a Huracan about a year ago and that car to me also leaves a lot to be desired to make me want to get into one, especially the non performante version.

Unlike many of the newer variants of supercars - the 458 has tons of character driving. It does not have that modern digital feel that plagues so many new cars (especially Porsches). I drove her back to back with a '19 GT3RS this weekend - and to me there is no comparison in feel. The RS is a spectacular car in its own right - but feeling wise it drives borderline like a top of the line, overclocked computer.

The 458 does not need to be pushed super hard to have fun or sense of occasion. I am enjoying the cockpit layout, and the simplicity of the interior as well. The sound is bar-none one of the greatest sounding exhausts on a factory produced vehicle. Having driven it for several hundred miles already - I much prefer it to the V10 NA Lamborghini sound. I typically enjoy manual only weekend cars - but this dual clutch in here actually makes me HAPPY this car is not stick. Very enjoyable and envolved driving experience.

Loving everything about her so far, just not the 110+ degree temps in Phoenix lately, making window down cruises a bit more challenging.

Very exotic, understated looks as well - especially in black. My eyes are now open to what all the hoopla has been surrounding the 458 for the last decade - I'm just happy I am able to join the party and enjoy this marvelous piece of engineering for a while. Glad to be part of these boards and will share my journey to come.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

James R, Sprucemoose, F485 and 22 others like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Congrats! Where in Scottsdale are you? PM me if you wanna meet up for a drive once the weather gets better. Hope to see you at the next C&C. Enjoy the ride

3. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks! N. Scottsdale (McDowell Mountain area). Not sure when C&C will be back up and running around here, but I'm typically there monthly. Alpios in Troon is up and running - great meet there 2nd Saturday of the month if you haven't been.

4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im in DC ranch (Silverleaf Arcadia) Just down the street from you. I haven't been to Alpios. Will have to check that out. Im out of town for the month getting away from the heat. Congrats again and drive it in good health.

5. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks! Will reach out once weather cools down.

I like your plan to get out of town during this time. Will need to figure that out down the line as well...!!

SoCal to az likes this.
  6. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Congrats ... it's gorgeous!

7. Regular Guy 01

Regular Guy 01 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 10, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    Full Name:
    Eugene Greer
    Congratulations on your new purchase.
    She is a beauty!!!
    Drive her in good health

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1

How’s she sound?!!

soulsea likes this.
  9. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    Enjoy it in good health!

Randy

10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking ride. congrats!

11. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations and welcome to the 458 Club! I’ve had my 458 for seven months now and it never fails to be an epic experience when I drive it! Cheers bruddah!

F485 likes this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Remember like it was yesterday taking delivery of my 458 Spider almost 7 years ago, putting the top down and driving off the dealership lot while the sound reverberated under the highway overpass.

Such a good feeling. Big congrats on the new ride.

13. humdizzle

humdizzle Karting

Mar 9, 2016
    congrats!

i was in the same boat 4 years ago. GT3 or 458. At the time the GT3 was only available as an automatic/dct so i figured... why not just get the 458 then? it was a great decision!

ryalex likes this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Beautiful car. Enjoy.

15. RazAtx

RazAtx Rookie

Oct 6, 2019
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Raza Haider
    Congrats!!! Beautiful car....enjoy it!!

16. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Nice!

Hope to join you on a drive someday once I get another F Car in my garage--currently on the hunt for a white/red Cali T!

Did you buy that car from OC, CA?

17. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks all looking forward to miles of smiles up ahead and appreciating the marque for all that it is.

It is a CA car but not sure if it's same one you're referencing. Mine was never for sale - was my good friends car.

Perfect pitch and tone straight out the factory. Cannot ask for more.

The only other car that executed it so well for me straight out of the box is the 981 spyder - marvelous as well without touching a thing.

18. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    Congrats and welcome to the club!

19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nice. I’m not familiar with that Porsche.

20. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Stunning. Ciao bella.

You may want to consider disconnecting the vacuum lines so that the baffles are always open giving that great sound through the entire rev range. RACE mode the valves open about 3,000 rpm...SPORT mode about 5,000 rpm.

If you don’t like it, the lines can always be reconnected. But l am pretty sure you will love the burbles, cracks, growls and pops at low rpms like l do.

21. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Good looking 458! It is an awesome car and the sound is intoxicating!

Congrats and welcome to the club!

22. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    who said 458 is girly? this still looks like it could be designed today.

23. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    it's just the last cayman number. now it's 718.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Congrats.

Just a word of caution. The 458 Club is not a club. It's a cult...

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Graz, 14RE458, mrchaztsai and 2 others like this.
  25. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Gorgeous 458! Enjoy in good health. Wish you many miles of happiness behind the wheel!

Kind regards,

Nuno.