For Sale - For sale ONE owner 1954 mile 1992 348tb | Page 5 | FerrariChat

For Sale For sale ONE owner 1954 mile 1992 348tb

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Stentboy, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    your car is in the upper 1%, and likely the same percentage of buyers, so expanding the reach makes perfect sense.

that said, IMHO fchat represents a good % of those buyers.

Thecadster likes this.
  2. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
  3. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Now THAT will be fun to watch! I'm assuming that you saw the low-mile 328 that just sold? I think that there's a good chance that your car will exceed the original asking price.

Be sure to be absolutely as responsive as possible and not defensive in any way during the course of the auction. You'll have some idiot comments. Don't take them personally. Good luck with it! I'm excited and can't wait to see how it does.

2cam

SaifC, jjmalez, Culprit and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    So you happen to know what the 328 you’re referencing went for?

5. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No actually I've never seen one of their auctions before. I really didn't want the hassle and had hoped that it would sell here, but we will see how it turns out.
    Sent from my SM-F900U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I think you will do very well. I am a regular part of the BaT peanut gallery (A racist term apparently) and they love time capsule cars like your's, especially closed roof versions.

9. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
  10. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    Under “BaT Essentials”, I would definitely have them list ‘original / 1-owner’ at the top of the list. I know it says it in the title, but I somehow missed it on first glance. Good luck!

Stentboy, gmo28 and Thecadster like this.
  11. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thank you I notified them. I don't know anything about the process so this is going to be an educational experience if nothing else.

Sent from my SM-F900U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

V4NG0 likes this.
  12. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I’m exited for you! This will be fun to watch.

13. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Anyone care to guess the over/under? I'll start.

$125,000 + buyer fee. I'd bet the over.

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice."

14. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    I think it’ll be over the 100k mark for sure.

Stentboy likes this.
  15. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Everyone here including me after the auction........”man I could have had that for only 100 grand

technom3, 2cam, jjmalez and 1 other person like this.
  16. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #116 Stentboy, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    I hope you’re right and time will tell. But I would’ve rather have just sold it here and been done with it months ago. Reading some of the comments including the person questioning the location of the battery is a little difficult for me. I knew there would be a lot of discussion about not driving the car, but I didn’t think that it would be as prevalent. After all the person who buys this car in all likelihood, at least I hope, will not turn it into a daily driver.

17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    It’s just the beginning. I watched a 600 mile Ford GT go through the BAT gauntlet and I suspect that 50% of the discussion was along the lines of “why have it if you are not going to drive it?” Meanwhile, the seller had a fleet of supercars including other Ford GT’s. Keep your cool. Never let them see you sweat. And whatever you do, always remember that:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Stentboy likes this.
  18. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Agreed! Keep your cool on this and ignore the idiots. There will be an inordinate amount of people responding that know absolutely nothing about 348s beyond what they've read (if even that). Just sift through the comments to ensure that you're responding to real questions in a timely manner. Be congenial and non-combative. Don't make yourself a target as it can impact the results. As much as you may not like the BaT auction format, it will most likely bring the most that you could hope for on the car.

Good luck with it!

2cam

technom3 and Stentboy like this.
  19. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Ron, as a 7 time seller (where's my prize?) on BaT, I will send you some advice. 1. it takes thick skin, and the sooner you recognize you won't please everyone, the better you'll sleep. (I usually will sit at my laptop, read a negative comment, give that username the middle finger from my chair, and then, if I choose to respond, KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS).

Your car has no stories, and it will hammer for $100K+, I would bet decent money. So, the peanut gallery has....just that! PEANUTS! So **** 'em and enjoy the ride!

20. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yes I know you are 100% correct and I will follow your counsel as well as the advice given by other F chatters and not be the least bit controversial. Trust me with my personality and my penchant for arguing, I’m a lawyer after all, it’s going to be difficult but I will keep my mouth shut.

Texas Forever and Sean O'Neill like this.
  21. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Well, I went on there and tried to add my two cents about the value of time capsules. Of course, I got the usual push back about how cars with a ton of miles are a much better way to go. Ridiculous. As I stated in my comments - I much prefer a ultra low miles car in perfect condition over a car that’s loaded with someone else’s wear and tear, even if you have to change out throw away maintenance items like tires, hoses, belts, seals, etc. Some just won’t listen to logic. Ignore them. I hope your car does well.

Stentboy likes this.
  22. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I wouldn't have the patience to sell on BaT, the noise from the peanut gallery would make me mental. :rolleyes:

Good luck on the sale, fingers crossed for you!

HH11 and Stentboy like this.
  23. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Cannot believe it got to this point. Someone here could have had it for 100k. GLWS on BAT!

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I hope it goes over $100k. I won't be surprised though if it goes for $75k or $150k, you just never know. Like that 328 for $225k, but then 90% of the cars you see on there you can't believe how cheap they went.

25. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    You will for sure get many comments about why is the car not driven and blah blah blah. If I was in your shoes I would just say that I bought two identical cars new. One to drive and one to look at. You drove the driver one plenty and now it is gone...That should shut most of them up.

Stentboy likes this.