Enzo magazine | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Enzo magazine

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jm2, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Or perhaps just busy enjoying advertiser & subscriber funded life style on Ibiza ?

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    The subscription problems for US subscribers seem to have been resolved over the last few issues. The shipping costs quoted on eBay are ridiculous.

greg328 and of2worlds like this.
  3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Something has definitely happened over the last month with shipping costs between UK and US, I got a shock last week when mailing a not particularly heavy book.

greg328 likes this.
  4. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    F' it, I just pulled the trigger on eBay. Paid approx. $27 shipped for #12 from UK to So. Cal.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. doyler

doyler Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2008
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Colm Doyle
    I use this site to order single copies of Enzo and lately Evo and Octane and have never had a problem. Order on a Monday and it will show up on Thursday or Friday. Cant complain with that...

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I can only assume that all the copies they "forget" to send to the paying subscribers are now being offered on eBay..............

Marcel Massini

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I feel, one day in the future if i'm missing #12 I will regret not paying a few more $$$ for it.

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't subscribe to Enzo magazine but I'm told subscribers are receiving issue 13 about now with a letter saying it is the last issue. The bright side for some of those here is that they won't need to worry about the subscription issues any more!

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I would add a 'like' but that is rather disappointing news that another 'print' magazine is no longer to be offered!

11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Sad, Enzo was a decent enough read but somehow a little old fashioned in its presentation.
    If print is to survive it need to be a beautiful product.
    Magneto and Petrolicious are gorgeous, so I am happy to subscribe.
    Oh, and they turn up as well.
    The in house Ferrari mag is also very attractive, if a little “one-sided”.

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That’s too bad, but I won’t miss it much. They weren't really trying. I’m sure they lost many potential readers because of their arrogant lack of response to very legitimate distribution complaints. Frankly I’m surprised that they’re even bothering to tell subscribers that it’s over.

I hope Magneto and The Road Rat won’t meet the same fate, but if they do it won’t be because they didn’t make a proper effort.

gt4me likes this.
  13. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I think my Barnes and Noble put out more of issue #11. There were about 8 copies, now about 15.

If it ends; it ends. It is the same format as Vantage, which I like, and Vantage has been successful. Enzo could have been, too. It wasn't Forza or Cavallino, but fit somewhere in between. Too bad.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    and I just resubscribed...

Anyway it is sad no matter how awful their customer service was and it was really bad. To survive producing a print magazine right now is all but impossible so it comes as no surprise.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. csmjr91090

csmjr91090 Rookie

May 18, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Wow, sad to see the news of Enzo's demise. I picked up the last couple of issues on eBay due to Barnes & Noble being closed and then not having any stock once they reopened. The seller I purchased from just messaged me with a listing for the final issue, but the price is too steep. Anyhow, shame to see it go, I was a big fan.

Sadly, I'm sure this won't be the last magazine to fold in these current times.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This is criminal.
    I have two paid subscriptions and I didn't even get #12.
    And there was no customer service whatsoever. None.

Marcel Massini

17. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    And the magazine has virtually no internet presence, and what what little it does have is pathetic. You can’t be successful with print only. You must have a strong digital game to support the magazine.

Like I said above, the whole effort was half hearted.

Nembo1777 and csmjr91090 like this.
  18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That must be the guy who’s asking $158 plus $15 shipping.:rolleyes:o_O

csmjr91090 and jm2 like this.
  19. csmjr91090

csmjr91090 Rookie

May 18, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Yup! I want the issue, but I do not want it that bad. I picked up Enzo No. 12 and the latest edition of EVO from him and he still charged me almost $30 in shipping costs even after I asked for an adjustment. Absurd.

20. Douglas Merriwether

Feb 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    FerrariGuy
    I ordered #12 from him and got the same reply about #13. I bit the bullet to have a complete collection. I really liked their content. Sad to see it go.

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    In Geneva newstands I would leaf through the English Enzo and buy it once a year at the most, just not content I want. The French language edition is half that price, around 8 Euros with about the same content but I don't buy it either and at newstands they don't seem to sell...and now by domino effect it will also vanish.

22. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It looks like the same seller has listed another one. He probably bought multiple copies just to sell on fleabay.

23. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    None of the newsstands in Zurich, Switzerland, has any Enzo mags. Geneva is in the same country but clearly another world.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds and Nembo1777 like this.
  24. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    I just received #12 on Saturday, and renewed last week via International Media Service. They made no mention of the ending. Guess I'll need to call them to request a refund. I had 2 years remaining on my Automobile Quarterly subscription when they stopped publishing a few years ago, never got my money back.

25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Marcel, as we discussed months ago did you try at Kloten and Hbf (airport and main train station)? That is where they can be found in most major cities.