360 starter problem | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 starter problem

Discussion in '360/430' started by 3s-ge, Mar 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    If you know the answer then do what I first suggested and sort it. Very easy.

BUT you said the above. There are only 2 reasons your battery would sag that much in 2 days. 1) a system is staying on and drawing it down 2) the battery is bad. If it isn't the battery then it is the first and you need to find that drain. We told you how to do that. OR maybe the above isn't a correct statement or was written wrong.

The low pin for the relay is one of several things: 1) wiring harness issue 2) ecu problem 3) a random error caused by low voltage noted above. These systems are VERY voltage sensitive so I am guessing the 3rd option. IE: Go find the current draw and this problem goes away.

Good luck. I have done all I care to here. When we make suggestions you ignore or argue against them. If you know the best you will have it fixed in short order. Either way, I have provided help and you can use or ignore it.

EastMemphis likes this.
  2. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    for the fifth time I say, there is no problem with the battery discharge, it is not, the battery holds for a very long time, the problem is the missing ground

3. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    TCU I replaced, the problem didn't go away.

4. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Is there a chance you can take the car to someone who understands what they're doing? It's apparent you're not that person.

Skidkid likes this.
  5. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex
    it is obvious that there are very few people who can look beyond the battery.

6. 3s-ge

3s-ge Karting

Jun 23, 2012
    Full Name:
    Alex

I solved the problem, now the battery voltage is 11.6v with a drop even to 8.8v it starts the car very well

7. Theblackshadow06

Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2023
    Usa
    Full Name:
    Luis c rios espinal
    How u fixed ?

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Normally
    , the earth to the starter relay is provided by the TCU. How is the aftermarket start switch wired into the circuit?

Does your waveform diagram show the earth signal at the relay from the TCU or the voltage to the starter from the relay?

If a new TCU didn't fix it, the problem could be:

1) wiring between the TCU and the relay
    2) sensors feeding into the TCU intermittently inhibiting the start
    3) immobiliser issue (Immo ECU not sending the OK signal to the TCU?)