Coronavirus | Page 112 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Ferraridoc, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMWC

DMWC Formula 3

Jan 23, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    David C
    “If a person who has been in Victoria within the last 14 days is already in NSW or arrives in NSW, they must self-isolate for 14 days from the time they were last in Victoria.

There are only limited reasons a person in self-isolation can leave their home, including obtaining medical care, complying with legal obligations, providing an essential service, in an emergency or to leave NSW.

Under the order you cannot go to work, unless providing an essential service and you should check whether your employer has additional requirements around work attendance”

What a PITA for anyone who spent a few days in Melboring recently

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It’s a blessing. I’m still on holidays for a couple of weeks and now i have an excuse not to leave the garage

moretti likes this.
  3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Andrew Fuching Bolt ??!!

There's the voice of reason , ......stone thrower just like idiots who post on the n ........ :oops:

Gizzi and Its328 like this.
  4. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
  5. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
  6. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds like a well constructed observation of the situation

Do you have any first hand experience with this virus Greg as I have been in "isolation" (otherwise known as working from home)since I left Sydney and according to the local QML people they haven't had ONE case verified since the inception of this thing

7. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    greg246 likes this.
  8. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    All flavours of govt are making it up on the fly

Andrews fuched up handing the quarantine contract to the private sector which was only ever going to end up the way it did with the sub-contractors doing it for the cheapest price with no supervision ..... the Wilson Group (South African), MSS and Unified (QLD ) should be sued to the hilt for causing this mess and Andrews replaced for handing it out to them

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/victoria-s-hotel-security-exposed-on-outbreak-20200701-p557ym

9. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    A couple of the clinics in our network in other states were shutdown temporarily due to positive cases earlier in the year. In Sydney, the vast majority of cases have been returned travellers in quarantine and they were dealt with through the public system. We are however operating on high alert

kerrari and Maranello550 like this.
  10. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I’m part of this hoax too. Have the 5G guys sent you your monthly cheque yet? Mine seems late

11. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Fixed. The article is typical SMH leftist cant. (cant = sanctimonious talk, typically of a moral, religious, or political nature)

Cherry picking stats, throw in a couple of criticisms of the US, where do you think this guy's political viewpoint comes from, left or right? I'm sorry, I've worked with a lot of medical professors over the years and I am less inclined than journalists to worship their every word.

His 4.6 mortality rate argument is easily debunked - the number excludes the very large number of people who are undiagnosed because they have no symptoms.

The observed facts are that this virus is easily contained with sensible precautions and behaviour, and that treatment has now evolved to the point where mortality is extremely low, apart from the aged or already sick. Just look at the outcome in NSW. No one has ever said "let it rip" and there is no justification for destroying peoples' economic livelihood with more statewide lockdowns.

Of course Greg doesn't have to worry - he's loaded :D

12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Cherry picking !!!!
    FFS and you don't

If we went down your path and followed Sweden there would be thousands dead not the 105

Now THAT was a load of rubbish

Who here wants the Swedish model ?

13. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Bah!

Prof Dwyer is probably the strongest advocate of evidence based medicine in Australia. He is a founding member of Friends of Science in Medicine, often described as an ultra conservative group ( of which I’m a part ) happily debunking “alternative” therapies. He’s not a stupid man

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_of_Science_in_Medicine

His quoted mortality rate is based on those that become sick, get tested and die. How on earth is “large number of undiagnosed with no symptoms” a quantifiable number? Not possible. Antibody testing which may give a clue, is proving not useful at this stage as we don’t know how long they hang around

There has been no recent evolution in treatment. The treatment consists supportive measures for those in ICU and these have not significantly changed for as long as I’ve been practicing, the drugs, ventilators etc are the same

kerrari likes this.
  14. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Oh. Sorry, i though you said who wants a Swedish model

15. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    No recent evolution in treatment? Aren't you reading white papers anymore? Too busy with Grinder? There are several combinations of existing drugs which have dramatically reduced the progression of WuFlu.

Late stage clinical trials of vaccines are starting this month.

This time next year, it will be page 9 news and you'll be back in the hot tub with Gary.

16. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    No, there has been no real evolution. Various existing drugs are being trialled with some showing slight benefit. The drugs are used in other inflammatory as well as viral type infections so nothing new or groundbreaking and part of the armamentarium we already have and would be thrown at ICU patients with similar non Kung Flu diseases

This is a good summary

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-02/coronavirus-what-drug-treatment-works-medication-remdesivir/12414604

Vaccines are still some way from being commercially available and are not a treatment anyway. In any case, they’ll be useless if the virus mutates faster than the vaccines can be updated

17. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  18. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    FazzerPorscheman likes this.
  19. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes, please treat all your posts as if the only person reading is Sleepy Joe. ;);)

greg246 likes this.
  20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Not right now but in the future .... sure , she'll have to be wearing a mask :p

greg246 likes this.
  21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003