Valet crashed into my F12 - looking for an attorney who can help with insurance | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Valet crashed into my F12 - looking for an attorney who can help with insurance

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by cwall, Jul 1, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vroom

vroom Karting

Sep 9, 2007
    Pasadena
    I currently have AIG, but was notified by SF of their collector car insurance, agreed value. I have homeowners, earthquake, about for 5 regular cars and.umbrella liability. If I don't bring my CS to SF, ie, they insure all my cars, they are.charging me a Surcharge around $2900, more.than my AIG premium.

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I use Nationwide Private Client. They're good.

3. Zedtt

Zedtt Formula Junior

May 29, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Terry
    The cost of the bumper can vary dramatically based on options and what exactly was damaged. Parts-wise, the basic bumper (new, unpainted) is $6.4k, but the grille is $3-4k, and spoiler is $1-6K with variance based on features (carbon, camera, finish, etc). Is there structural damage?

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I hate to use the old adage “you get what you pay for”. Do you seriously expect great claims service from insurance companies that mainly compete on premium cost? If their premiums are so low how can they make any money with very generous claims service, after all that’s what they are in business for making money.
    There are a raft of very good exotic/classic car insurers that handle auto claims exceeding well. There are a few general insurers who also segment their customers to folks with higher end cars, homes , other toys etc. However rarely be they attempt to compete on premium cost. Those insurers compete within this small group of insurance carriers for those clients. A larger regional insurance broker with a broad spectrum of markets can sort out all your insurance issues. I know I used to be one, far, far from rocket science.

Marcel Massini and of2worlds like this.
  5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sorry but they suck. Big time

OP. Look into one of the high end insurers. Chubb. Grundy. Pure....as with anything else you get what you pay for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randkin likes this.
  6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Is there an echo in here?:D:D:D

7. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    USAA and Chubb

8. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Any chance you can provide any more info about your experience with USAA? We've been with them for the last 26 years and they have been great. We switched to them in 1994 when I got rear ended driving onto an Air Force base. We had State Farm and they were terrible, but the person who hit me had USAA and then took care of everything. They cover our house and all our cars and have always treated us well.

Alcav5 likes this.
  9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    USAA has been very competitive and responsive for us for over 25 years. Home and auto.
    USAA uses / reps Chubb for higher valued homes (at least here in NY)
    USAA adjusted and paid for my F12 damage in less than a week regardless that it was 100% the other party's fault.
    USAA uses / reps Progressive for my cycle insurance in RI.
    I have had 2 major home damage claims , not an issue at all.
    The only bugger is not being able to talk to a person quickly, always a litany of buttons to press.

I had Allstate before them.

rob5819 and cwall like this.
  10. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    None. Have the car apart and it seems that only what was visibly damaged needs replacing.

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    geico was amazing on my new panamera and restored xke after flooding in sandy storm. about to switch my lotus from american collectors to lleyland west ins. less than 1/2 premium for identical coverage. taking chance with them hoping i never find out if they pay claims or not.
    hope the 812 is back soon.

12. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Just one comment, when you have two different policy forms you will never have “identical “ coverage. Neither of the policy forms are “standard” forms so the forms will not be identical. Just be sure you know what the differences are, your broker will be able to explain the differences whether they are minor or significant.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    you are correct. there one has little more of one aspect while other has same amount more of another. overall as close as can be. big issue is whether cheaper one pays their claims. but then i never found out if more expensive one would have paid either. insurance is just another form of risk

14. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015

Grundy.