New 2020 Continental GT or 2017 RR Wraith? | FerrariChat

New 2020 Continental GT or 2017 RR Wraith?

Discussion in 'British' started by Jayknows, Jun 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jayknows

Jayknows Rookie

Jun 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Hey all, I’m in the market for a daily GT and am trying to decide between a new 2020 Bentley Continental GT or picking up a lightly used face lifted RR wraith (2017-2018). I’m planning on doing some test drives when this quarantine craziness dies down. But in the meantime, I’d highly appreciate hearing your experiences with these vehicles and which would be your personal preference, if you had to choose.

ryalex likes this.
  2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I find the Bentley to be ridiculously attractive. The RR has a very different vibe.

3. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No question no contest. Wraith is the best car in the world.

ryalex likes this.
  4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Conti hands down, since you mentioned daily duty.
    Great handling and performance in daily traffic grind while still providing top luxury and isolation from the World.
    Wraith feels huge, heavy, floaty, any maneuvers have to be deliberate, not a good car for even semi aggressive driving.
    Less socially acceptable too, you will get a lot of dirty looks and nasty comments at traffic stop lights or at the gas stations.
    Had one for 7 months, planned to keep at least 3 years but got tired of the crap given daily.
    Had 2 Contis, a Speed in 2009 and the other one 2018 SS, loved both.

ibesuc and psych0hans like this.
  5. ibesuc

ibesuc Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    In actuality, out of the two I'd go Conti. However my personal choice would be a pre-owned AMG S65 Coupe.

6. Andynyc

Andynyc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2017
    NYC!
    They are 2 pretty different cars. If you test drive both, you will know which you prefer.

and as far as attention goes , I’m sure it’s highly dependent on location. My experiences have been in New York and Florida, both areas that have lots of high end cars . Bentley gets ignored, rr gets some attention, but all positive in my experience. I never had any bad attention , and I took a rr dawn tailgating to the Super Bowl .

my preference is for the wraith for full size 4 seater.

Id take a portofino over Bentley gt.