FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GROSSER PREIS DER STEIERMARK 2020--->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GROSSER PREIS DER STEIERMARK 2020--->RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Lando 3rd in WDC

Surfah, RWatters, ktu and 2 others like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I dont think he is happy to leave. I think he was hoping the team would be more competitive.

On a separate issue please do the race interviews with less noise somehow from the garages after the top 3 park. You simply cannot hear the event at all.. SKY FIX It! :)

375+ likes this.
  3. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Vettel only cares about Vettel. He's happy CL had to retire.

ingegnere and DGPF like this.
  4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think the car is the issue. CL is a competitive guy and obviously wants to win, when his car is inferior, that gives birth to hyper-aggressive moves just to try to score. I think he could have finished around 7th at best today, but last week he was second, so who knows?

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  5. DF1

Honda have some effort to make to provide more power. They or the Red Bull chassis aero with the motor seems less capable overall. Im a bit surprised.

ingegnere likes this.
  6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Actually Red Bull is doing relatively worse with Honda than with Renault. They're not much closer to the top despite having free engines and Honda sponsorship.

ingegnere likes this.
  7. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    The car is definately the issue and no doubt it was frustration on CL part to gain places and prove himself, but with a dog of a car wouldnt it be best to sort through the problems in a race situation and gleen as much data to improve the car. Charging into Vettel or any other car for that matter doesnt give the team the info needed to understand the problems. Did the new aero package work? They are now clueless for next weekend.

A whole 2 hr dummy test, under race conditions is lost and the only thing gained is red faces and a court enquiry tomorrow.

Low morale is infectious. To me Binotto is not the man for the job however technically competent he may be. You need a team manager to organise and rule with a iron fist.

Best

Tony

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yep,
    Nil Point for Red Bull last weekend.
    Nil Point for Ferrari today.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I wouldn't expect them to admit that !

DF1 likes this.
  10. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    At least I have IndyCar.

375+, Isobel, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  11. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well, at least we have Lando to watch. I’m enjoying watching F1’s kid brother have a run of luck while driving well

375+, JStone414, kraftwerk and 3 others like this.
  12. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Some observations:

1. This Styrian Grand Prix looks awful lot like that Austrian Grand Prix we has last week...

2. Ferrari should quit this sport altogether and go into something else. Bad management, bad car, bad drivers. They can't seem to get anything right, and always end up disappointing the fans since 2008 now.

jpalmito likes this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Red bull propaganda is strong.
    Because of that reality bites much harder for their fans.
    In fact Mercedes chassis is way better than red bull's one.
    the same can be said for the engine too.

14. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Tell me about it...

DF1 likes this.
  15. DF1

+1 the Mercedes team, for specifically Aero team needs as much credit as Newey. This has been the case for years now. They are the current aero masters. With Newey still active, that is very impressive situation!

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    verstappen’s race was compromised by front wing damage and his tires were, I think, 9 laps older than Bottas’? I think RBR has single lap pace close to Merc but nobody was catching Hamilton this weekend. Max stayed within 3 secs of him for a long time but then he just pulled away.

17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Of course, you are correct. Charles needs to show more patience but I’m guessing there isn’t a lot of hope for drastic improvement so he tries hero moves.

regarding Binotto, I liked Arrivabene better. I say that admitting that he allowed far too many critical pitfall mistakes. Ferrari seemed a more confident (if not competent) lot under his leadership.

500tr, william and TonyL like this.
  18. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I mean, this is what happens when you give the drivers the 4th or 5th best car and tell them that the expectation is still to win. Vettel's mistakes over the last few years were somewhat due to that and now we've seen a couple from Leclerc. I still maintain the problem at ferrari isn't and hasn't been the drivers, it's the car. Both drivers have been even in the car, Leclerc a tenth or two quicker last week and Vettel a tenth or two quicker this week. The car is **** and the drivers are trying to drag it up the order. At least last season we had a good power unit... About the only driver that could drag this pos to the top 5 is Alonso, but Renault hired him to drag their slightly less pos up instead.

stavura, RobertJRB, 500tr and 2 others like this.
  19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  20. DF1

Difference is Vettel knew the car could win. His own impatience, literally prevented that. His emotional nature and impatience ruined races from the front when it counted. As a so called 4x WDC we expected better, naturally. We did not get it.

I will 'reserve judgement' on Charles for this year. After it is difficult to call him 'rookie' or lacking experience. He comes across with a natural maturity. It does not hide the fact he is young though.

Surfah, kraftwerk, ricksb and 3 others like this.
  21. DF1

22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not that I disagree with that but when Perez has damage it can't be held against him? ;)

23. DF1

Sure but lets not think Stroll had the pace to overtake a non damaged clone with Perez as pilot!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  25. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #200 Frank_C, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2020
    Au contraire....he sees it as an opportunity to become the team leader, which would be a good thing when compared to Charles “I’m sorry” LeClutz. I grew tired of that last year. Fool me once......

Like Max, Sainz has a brain and one of the best mentors around. And Jos was a nothing, look what Junior has to tap into. LC does not. Love to see Sainz put LC in his place.

What did Max say? 60% of the current drivers would win the championship if they drove a Mercedes......well 90% of the drivers would have done what LC did in a Ferrari. As Michelle Pfeffer said “don’t toot your horn honey, you ain’t that good....”

Huge mistake putting all the eggs in the LC basket by Bozo errrrr Binotto and in turn Ferrari in the clown. Clearly he is not team principal material as LC is not team leader material.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

showme1946 and TonyL like this.