Inspector for Historical Legitimacy, South Florida | FerrariChat

Inspector for Historical Legitimacy, South Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by J-P, Jul 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Hello, is anyone aware of someone in So. Florida who is able to evaluate a car in order to determine it’s legitimacy as a correct factory car, and not something that has been cobbed together from the parts bin? In particular, someone with a database or enough knowledge to know if a car is, or at least appears to be, matching numbers, has the correct components installed, paperwork and documentation in order, etc.?

This would be for a claimed Euro 308, and would be something separate from a PPI focusing on mechanical items. Thanks.

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Aren’t the serial and build numbers sufficient?

3. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    I’m new to the F-car game and would nod my head at anything someone told me. How can I be sure a car is #’s matching without a Classiche certification or a factory build sheet?

4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Steve Ahlgrim looked over my 328 GTB for me prior to Cavallino. Not sure if he's still around the area though. I'd suggest calling Tim Stanford and seeing who he recommends.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  5. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    He is @ Motorcar Gallery, 100% prefect choice..

GatorFL likes this.
  6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    If you subscribe to Ferrari Market Letter, you may provide them with the VIN and they
    will send you a full history of the car.

Very helpful.

BHW

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    post it up here in the 308 section unless you are overly concerned about privacy. we have 1000's of experts that will pick it apart quickly if its wrong

ferraris in that era did not use matching numbers they way american muscle cars did of the 50/60/70's best you are going to get is verification of serial numbers. correct engine code per model (vin is not on engine)