Angst Clamps | FerrariChat

Angst Clamps

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Jul 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    So my first entrance into these clamps - are they available or Unobtanium?

Was looking for several for heater hoses within the engine compartment for a GTC?

Any used ones out here?

2. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    They are not being produced anymore that I know of. NOS are very difficult to find and so are used ones. I ended up fabricating a complete set for my own car. Funny project, but relatively expensive way to go.

Best Peter,

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Angst means fear in German by the way is that a premonition of what one should feel when using them?;-)

readplays likes this.
  5. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Hi Eddie FWIW my daytona 1969 had these all over. I kept them and have added to the collection.
    Maybe they are not as good as newer clamps but a little 518 will help heaps.
    They are not more difficult than the horrible hard cheney clamps

6. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    I was also skeptical when I first time laid eyes on the "Angst" clamp but I have only good experience with them. Originality is important to many and this sometimes overrules functionality.

Best, Peter

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I am not a restorer or involved in restorations. However last year I did a book on the best Maserati restoration workshops and spent a whole day in twelve of them across Europe with a photo video team. I interviewed the owner manager at length and questioned the staff, it was quite fascinating.
    The norm is very much that is something is dangerous, not reliable or prone to failure it gets replaced as discreetly as possible. Only concours types who never drive will insist on everything being as it was when new including known faulty unreliable components.

readplays likes this.
  8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    While I agree with importance of "originality" in restoration, I would never compromise functionality, which in my world also includes safety, over it.

P.S. I love your effort with the clamps. I'm actually doing a similar project myself.

Nembo1777 and Oengus like this.
  9. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    They are excellent clamps for the job and a must have in a quality restoration! Used widely among early Dino owners and we use our cars.

Best, Peter

Nembo1777 likes this.
  10. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    A few sizes are available here and there in OE, can you tell us what size you’re looking for or better still the part number?