Is there a secret to closing the Mondial t Cabrio roof? | FerrariChat

Is there a secret to closing the Mondial t Cabrio roof?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Wingnut, Jul 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    Once again, it took me 3-4 tries to fold down my 1990 Mondial t Cabrio top so that it can be covered by the boot. Folding this, lifting that, and still it stops 3/4 of the way down until I get it right, but beats me what the secret is - what I did differently to have it close. There's got to be a better way than this trial and error method. Does anyone know of a good video showing the top/down sequence for the Mondial t Cabriolet? I'm more of a visual learner. Written instructions seem nice on paper, but I just don't get it. Thanks

2. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Put “mondial top” into the search box on YouTube. There is a guy who demonstrates it pretty well.

paulchua likes this.
  3. Incaico

Incaico Karting

Jun 13, 2020
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    JR Sandoval
    I like the way this guy does it. It’s how I do it

Good luck!

Incaico

paulchua likes this.
  4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    This is a great video. I always try to have a friend help. One person on each side of the car, working together. This will allow you to help guide the B Pillars past the pinch point, keeping clearance to they don’t get torn up. (Same when you open the roof.)
    Also, when attaching the boot, I always do the fasten the tabs behind the rear seats first and then work my way toward the back of the car. Much easier.
    And finally, i clean the plastic window and then cover it with a large microfiber towel that gets placed on the plastic window before the cover goes on. I think it helps if from becoming scratched.

The addition of these steps have kept my original roof and window in great shape.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Mick5961, paulchua and Incaico like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Agreed, this video is amazing.

DHC likes this.
  6. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    I never understood the B pillars until watching this video. Thanks so much!