Sold - Rare 360 Modena F1 | FerrariChat

Sold Rare 360 Modena F1

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by future328driver, Mar 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    After 6 years of ownership, I am selling my 1 of 1 2000 360 Modena F1 to upgrade to a 458. This car has just over 30k enthusiast driven miles and is in excellent condition. Located in the Dallas, Texas area.

Please PM me for the price and more details if you are interested. Many more photos are available.

History
    - VIN is ZFFYU51AXY0121174. Production date is listed as July 1, 2000. The paint is Azzurro Monaco (Ferrari paint code 515/C) and is a rare Ferrari factory color and extremely rare on the 360. Of the 16,000+ 360s manufactured, only 2 where apparently painted this color - 1 spider and my coupe. There are a few folks on FChat who maintain VINs, colors, options databases for various models and none of them have been able to identify another 360 coupe in this color. As best I can tell from Internet resources, this color was decommissioned by Ferrari before 360 production began (you will find a few 355s and 456s painted this color when it was still a production color). Omar Vizquel (MLB shortstop) spec'd the car new from Ferrari of Seattle in September 2000 and apparently had the factory recommission the color.

On the inside, the glare shield and upper dash panel are black leather. The lower dash panel is charcoal leather, as are the seats and the leather inserts on the doors. The car has a dual subwoofer box behind the seats that is also covered in charcoal gray leather. The carpet is light gray and the floor mats were custom made - black with a blue prancing horse. All of the normal aluminum trim (door inserts, radio/AC surround, instrument cluster surround, F1 paddles and the center tunnel) have all been replaced with high-grade carbon fiber pieces from MA Carbon. The interior trim works great with the exterior color. The interior is in very good condition. There is some very minor shrinking on the glare shield by the defrost vents but I have seen a lot worse on lower mileage cars. The windows, including the front windshield, have been tinted with UV tint to keep heat down and protect the interior from UV damage.

The car has had 4 owners (inclusive of me). The original owner put about 12k miles on the car and sold it to a man in Mississippi in 2010. That owner kept the car for about 18 months and put 10k miles on it, mostly highway commuting between Mississippi and Texas. Rumar has it that owner was afraid of flying. The 3rd owner purchased the car in December 2011 and put about 1,600 miles on it. I bought the car in Dallas in February 2014 with just under 23k miles. The car now has just over 30k miles.
    All the owners kept the car very well maintained, and I have only serviced it at Boardwalk Ferrari since I purchased it.

Upgrades
    • Challenge grill, Tubi exhaust, carbon fiber interior trim, interior Dynamat, audiophile stereo upgrade (German Maestro amp and speakers, BT Alpine head unit), integrated K40 (front and rear detection with indicator warning lights in the instrument cluster and verbal warnings).
    • Challenge Stradale F1 TCU. Factory new unit, not a reflash of the stock 360 TCU. The Challenge Stradale TCU changes the character of gear box with better, more positive shifts, better down shift rev matching and longer clutch life. Factory original TCU will be included with the sale.
    • 3M Clearshield (“bikini wrap”)
    • Headliner replaced in 2018 - went from Ferrari’s “technical fabric” to an alcantara style headliner.
    • Swiss Scuding Smart eMT F1 relay ECU. The factory relay for the F1 pump was a 30 amp relay that was a bit too weak. It it failed, it would cause the F1 pump to run continuously which would burn it out. The F1 pumps are expensive to replace. The upgraded relay ECU monitors pump pressures and run times to warn you if the pump appears to be running out of spec.
    Maintenance
    I have a large 3 ring binder full of records. I have some records from the prior owners and very detailed records of my ownership. During my ownership, the car has always been serviced at my local Ferrari dealership. They know the car well and would be who I would recommend for a PPI for an interested buyer.
    • Cam Variator campaign was completed by Ferrari of Seattle. The cam variators where an issue on the early 360s, and a properly maintained car should have had the campaign completed.
    • Updated ring gear, replacing the original 3 bolt ring gear with a 6 bolt update.
    • In April 2016, the F1 relay failed which led to an F1 pump failure. This happened once before on the car and a prior owned paid about $3,000 for the repair. When I replaced the pump and relay, I purchased 2 factory new pumps. One is still in the car and working fine, and I have the 2nd unit in the factory box and it would be included as part of the sale. The pump failure is why I also decided to get the Smart F1 relay ECU, which should help prolong the pump life.
    • Last major belt service was done in March 2017 (about 2,500 miles ago). Most 360 owners will tel you that you can do the major service every 5 years instead of every 3 that the factory called out in the manual.
    • Also in March 2017, I replaced the rear main seal because it was leaking. I replaced the clutch at the same time, so it only has about 2,500 miles on it.
    • The last annual fluids service was performed just few hundred miles ago in September 2019.
    • New A/C compressor installed in September 2019.
    • New Michelin Pilot Sport tires installed in September 2019 (only have a couple hundred miles on them at this time).
    • During my ownership, there was no “deferred” maintenance. If the dealership recommended a service item, I did it. The service team at Boardwalk will tell you that I was very particular and diligent with maintenance items.
    • The car was paint corrected and ceramic coated a few months ago. I needed to do a very minor touch up for a dime-sized paint chip on the lower passenger side rocker panel, so had the paint shop do the paint correction and coating following the paint work.
    • The "sticky switch” issue has been addressed on this car.
    • I also have a PDF of the complete shop manual that I can provide on a jump drive.
    This is not a concourse car, but it shows extremely well and has won several awards at local car shows. This car was also selected to be part of the “collectors showcase” at an event at the local Four Seasons resort, which is developing into the “Pebble Beach” of Texas. I track the car as often as my schedule allows, and it has never had a track incident. The car is always inspected by the dealership before each track event.

I constantly get questions about what model year the car is. People are shocked to learn that it is a 20 year old car. Part of that is how well it is maintained, but most of it is because the 360 lines are timeless. This body style has aged much better than the 430 in my opinion.

The color is a stunner. I can be parked at a show full of newer cars, and mine always stands out and draws a crowd. On the rare occasion that I take it to the grocery store to pick something up, I often have folks stopping me to ask about the color.

Cosmetically, the car does have a flew minor blemishes, but nothing that is unusual for a car of this vintage. There are a few rock chips on the 3M paint film, a couple minor knicks in placed were there is no film, and some scraps on the under tray. Nothing worthy of an expensive respray, and I regularly get the car detailed. The exterior black trim around the door windows has a coating that is peeling off (very common issue), which can be fixed with black vinyl wrap.

Overall, this is an honest, well-maintained, enthusiast-owned driver's car that can easily hold its own at any car show and will always stand apart from other cars.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. riozilla

riozilla Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Looks like a nice one! Per the forum rules, posting an asking price is required in order to list item for sale.

Yassa and psych0hans like this.
  3. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    That's a truly stunning 360!

4. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Priced at $80,000.

5. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas

Price updated above. Don't know how to update the original post with the price.

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've seen this car at a local car show. The color is unique, gorgeous and really sets it apart. Good luck with the sale...T

future328driver likes this.
  7. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    love that color.

mathewr likes this.
  8. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Beautiful color!

9. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Love the color, very nice!

10. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    An absolutely stunning color - best of luck with the sale. Should go quick at this reasonable asking price!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

future328driver likes this.
  11. Pmili75

Pmili75 Rookie

Jun 22, 2015
    Connecticut
    PM sent. Blue is my only choice. I almost blue 90k on a 4C Italia just for the blue color.

Vipmn1 likes this.
  12. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Got your PM. Will text you later today.

13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Ive seen the car at the dealer and thought it was very nice. Love the color. Inquired to the seller a year or two ago but he was not ready to sell at that time. But it was on my list... picked up a gated 360 in the meantime.

Robb

14. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Bump. This car is still available. Have an opportunity to upgrade to a 458, and would prefer to sell to another enthusiast over trading the car. PM if interested.

15. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Bump. Car now has a fresh major service (30K + belts) along with a fresh gearbox rebuild and new gearbox heat exchanger. All work performed by Ferrari dealer techs. Price adjusted to $72,500.

16. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Car was spotted last Friday on 190 in North Dallas, appeared to be running well! I’ll be sorry to see it go Ken, you waited a long time for that car and it’s kind of become your signature car.

If anyone is considering it, this is the car to buy and the guy to buy it from. I’ve known the car and the owner for years.

17. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Jim...that was probably one of the Boardwalk techs shaking it down after the gearbox rebuild. Time to upgrade to a 458.

18. spark123

spark123 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 25, 2010
    Bloomfield Hills, Mi
    Greetings! Is the car still available? Steve

19. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Yes. I have not actively listed it outside of FChat since it came back from service.

20. Sebastien Doucet

Oct 5, 2018
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Sebastien Doucet
    Unusual color, classy!!

21. Hans K. Kestler

Aug 7, 2020
    Hi. Still available?

22. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Yes, still available. Have a couple of interested parties, and one that appears ready to request a PPI, but nothing finalized yet.

23. Razmatazz

Razmatazz Rookie

Apr 29, 2020
    Amazing car and great records
    Is the gearbox rebuild common?
    Any expected maintenance coming up ?

24. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Thanks. The car is pending sale, but to answer your questions...no, the gearbox rebuild is not common. The car suffered a rare failure of the gearbox heat exchanger which lead to a loss of lubrication leading to failure. The issue was resolved through the rebuild and new heat exchanger. No expected maintenance due since the 30K major service was just completed.

25. Razmatazz

Razmatazz Rookie

Apr 29, 2020
    Thanks !
    Great car