812 VS Rumors | Page 81 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    mic drop!!!!

2. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    mic drop!!!!

3. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    WiFi delay = double post :confused:

RamsHmb likes this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

No sir, N/A denotes and describes the aspiration of the engine. Nothing more, nothing less.

LARRYH, Solid State and dcmetro like this.
  5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Sounds perfect to me, thanks

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Cheers.

7. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    Yes but that's why i think the only way for it to be financially successful is to limit it and charge through the roof....i think there's just too many competing offers at that price point and so the volume game (aka sell as many as possible but claiming it's limited by production) won't work....the economic outlook will take out a lot of demand already...and then a lot of people got burned recently ie 812 (vs SF90), Pista (vs F8), F12 TDF if you bought it for a premium and thought it will be stable in value....so the trust in the brand is much lower than say when the TDF or Pista got released....and by the time you get it there probably going to be the 812 successor announced, that will certainly blow it out of the water performance wise while keeping the V12 sound (assuming it will be N/A Hybrid)

cesman and SirPouyan like this.
  8. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Personally I think if the VS costs around 600k and 800 or so units are produced it won’t sell at that price point. Imo Ferrari will make more money by setting its base price 10 to 15% above the GTS and limit production without having it numbered and end up producing around 1200 units demand then would be high for that combination of price point and production numbers for the last na v12. Then charge through the roof for the limited numbered aperta aimed at serious collectors. To me if I were in their shoes I would this is the strategy I would be following.

LARRYH, maxemus and ScrappyB like this.
  9. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    100% agreed. I suspect their finally strategy will also depend on their actual demand for the GTS and how much available production capacity will remain. If what I’ve read on here is correct, GTS demand is not through the roof so they may in fact let the VS coupe be limited by time and number the VS Aperta as the final send off for the 812.

LARRYH, Bundy, KenU and 1 other person like this.
  10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The Speciale A was the last production NA V8 and it was numbered which is the opposite of your argument. Pista not numbered as not last of anything. There are a couple folks posting in this thread that I have noticed over the years have "guessed" correctly with new releases before anyone and they are saying get ready for a numbered LE. If you listen careful enough you should have a decent idea of whats coming. :)

Lukeylikey, JagShergill, PTG1 and 6 others like this.
  11. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I was referring to the Speciale Coupe when I said not numbered while the Speciale was numbered. What I guessed wrt 812 VS is that similar to the Speciale the VS coupe will be limited not numbered and the VS Aperta numbered. Again this is my personal guess nothing confirmed and I can surely be wrong. Looking forward to receiving further updates on that exciting new announcement!

12. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    100%.

There are a few on this board with 'extreme' insider knowledge of the going's on in Maranello and they have been kind enough to share their knowledge with the wider community here.

DRYHOLE, LARRYH, Avia11 and 1 other person like this.
  13. TWCC

TWCC Karting

Apr 27, 2020
    we shall see....15% above GTS puts it bang into SF90 range at probably similar level of production numbers (i think they would need to do more than 1,200 if only limited by time)...why wouldn't people pay 600+? At the end they sold 500 re-bodied 812s at +1.5mm...every collector will want one, and there are enough collectors out there...in any case all guess works at this stage....won't be too long and we ll know

cesman likes this.
  14. skinguy23

skinguy23 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2011
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love the speculation as always...I hope I am fortunate enough to get a VS. I supposedly just missed the cut on the TDF. I hope the VS has a similar price point and resale value

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Does anyone want to speculate on what the 812 replacement will be in the meantime?

16. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    a smaller displacement v12 with electric hybrid tech

17. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I assume we will see a split in the model line. Front mid-engined, elegant, Roma style model and later a rear mid-engined, sportier model.

18. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    SF90 :D

19. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    So no v12?

20. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    812 VS Evoluzione, Competizione...is very impressive, racing and muscular, like a lot profile and rear !

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You've seen it ?

22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Daytona gr 4 s spirit !
    Guys, id you can, go on
    The end of a family line somehow, but it ll be an after !

23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    What language is that ? didn't understand one word

Art_collector and maxemus like this.
  24. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    E il discendente del gr Daytona 4
    comprarlo si puoi
    E la fine di un era ma non completamente finito

It s better like that ?
    Please , keep your sarcastic words !

Shack and Avia11 like this.
  25. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    im not trying to be sarcastic but I didn’t understand either.

Have you seen the car?

Art_collector and dcmetro like this.