Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Like many of the also-rans, Riccardo's record would have looked massively better if Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, and Mercedes did not exist during is run in F1.

2. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Or if he just drove for Mercedes.....

classic308 likes this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I think that Danny Ric will be in a good place next year--Mclaren on the ascendancy with Mercedes power.

4. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    catdog, 375+ and DF1 like this.
  5. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Next year could be very decisive for Ric. He's a big talker... always has something to say. Lando is the real deal and it may be Ric's career that ends up getting beat. If he doesn't definitively... and I mean definitively... make Lando look like a number 2, his stock goes down the drain.

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I suspect that their performances will be pretty close. We'll see.

Bas and jcurry like this.
  7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lando looks like a ventriloquist's dummy(no offense, I like the guy).

Igor Ound and pilotoCS like this.
  8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    375+ likes this.
  9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I mean, I'm excited to see Ric race against Norris, neither are slouches. But first, I want to see how Ric fares against Ocon, another young driver that has been highly touted.

375+, jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Importantly FA is for sure watching that battle!!

11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I do think Ric will slaughter Lando

13. DF1

Im not so sure. With a good car that is improving and he knows the team, Ricci has some work to do. Not extraordinary amount but Norris is growing and with his talent is surprising many. It will be a nice challenge for both and interesting to see. Did anyone predict Ricci doing so well vs Vettel and RedBull?

catdog and zygomatic like this.
  14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ricci keeps on surprising. Also think he will have Ocon beat this year despite not being the team’s favourite anymore.

Bas and DF1 like this.
  15. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Seb to Aston Martin (Racing Point) in 2021

16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's what Berger says.
    Perez bought out with $9m pay-off?

17. DF1

Sergio saved the team and brings results and funding. I dont see Vettel improving that at all. I dont think Vettel will be hired. Not for 21

catdog likes this.
  18. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Some further information from RTL / BILD article regarding the Vettel/Aston Martin rumors: Bild reported that both sides are negotiating and that an agreement "is expected". RTL sources say there is no agreement (at least not yet).

According to "Bild", there is a compensation clause in Perez's contract that RP could use until July 31. According to the report, the contract between Perez and the team could be terminated earlier "for a high single-digit million amount".

Sky Germany also quotes BILD and adds: "Sky can confirm that the tendency for both Vettel and Aston Martin is strongly pointing towards a cooperation."

https://www.rtl.de/cms/sebastian-vettel-flirt-mit-aston-martin-sehen-wir-2021-den-00-seb-rtl-f1-reporter-felix-goerner-schaetzt-die-lage-ein-4578073.html

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport/motorsport/motorsport/formel-1-noch-ferrari-pilot-vettel-vor-wechsel-zu-aston-martin-71894538,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

19. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Sergio get a fat compensation and move to Haas.

catdog likes this.
  20. DF1

Seb brings nothing they need. They have a good solid competent, well funded driver in Perez.
    Time will show us. Rumors were Mercedes and Toto were leaving too lol. They have no plans to do so at all. Given the sources I have doubts for now.

catdog likes this.
  21. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    If Seb goes to RP and pushes out Sergio, RP will end up sliding down hill.

catdog likes this.
  22. DF1

Sure possible. The downhill is all that is facing Seb. Ferrari fired him overall. He is damaged but has a 'name'. He has no real options except Clone-town. Sergio did not seem like a driver on his way out to me on the track. Vettel does................

23. DF1

OK now this on Autosport. New life to the rumor?

Outgoing Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel is in discussions over a deal to join the Aston Martin Formula 1 team for the 2021 season, sources have indicated.

Ferrari announced earlier this year that it would be parting ways with Vettel at the end of the season, with it transpiring in Austria last week that he was never offered a deal for 2021.

The four-times world champion is understood to have been offered a contract by Racing Point team owner Lawrence Stroll, who is naturally keen to build the strongest possible package for the rebranding of the team to Aston Martin.

Germany's Bild newspaper, which is usually well-informed on Vettel's plans, has also indicated that a deal has been could be agreed soon.

The team already has a multi-year contract with Sergio Perez, who also brings sponsorship, while the place for Lawrence Stroll's son Lance is clearly secure for the long term.

Since Vettel came onto the market, Racing Point team principal Otmar Szafnauer has continually denied that the team will have a place for him.

Asked by Autosport last Friday in Austria about the contract situation he said: "Well, like I've said before, it's flattering that everyone this that a four-time world champion would come to our team, but maybe that's because the car is a bit quicker now.

"You're absolutely right, we have long contracts with both our drivers, so it would only be logical that we don't have space."

Perez has also been thought to be well set because it was his legal action that triggered the administration process that saw Stroll take over the then Force India team, and because Stroll has a relationship with the Mexican's manager Julian Jakobi that dates back over two decades.

However, sources have suggested that Perez's contract may have an exit clause that allows the team to make a change early.

Intriguingly, Red Bull boss Christian Horner hinted at such a possibility when asked about Vettel's future last weekend.

"I guess he's got a couple of choices available to him, I assume either Racing Point, or a year out and re-evaluate the options in a year's time," he told Sky F1.

"I don't think Lance is going to get fired! Of course drivers' contracts between the teams, you never know what's within them, it's only the Contract Recognition Board that has full sight of them.

"I'm sure that perhaps they have options, or break points, or whatever. But that's really none of our business."

Stroll may have decided that, in the bigger picture of rebranding the team as Aston Martin and rebuilding the struggling sportscar manufacturer, the opportunity to take Vettel is too good to pass up.

Vettel would also be very acceptable to Mercedes, supplier of power units and gearboxes to the team.

The DNAs of the two companies continue to be mixed, with Toto Wolff recently acquiring shares in Aston Martin, and former AMG man Tobias Moers coming in as its new boss.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150576/vettel-considering-aston-martin-offer-for-2021

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Not a huge Vettel fan, but must admit he is better than Perez ..IF he can stop spinning off etc .

25. DF1

I don’t see Seb as better. He had years to prove that. He is simply over rated. There is no gain with Vettel over Perez.