Taken Off Market - 2008 F430 Spider Rosso Corsa over Tan | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2008 F430 Spider Rosso Corsa over Tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Bigfisher89, Jul 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    2008 F430 Spider
    10,800. Miles
    Roso Corsa over Tan w Red Seat piping and stiching
    F1
    Daytona Seats
    Challenge Wheels
    Lots of Carbon Fiber - diffuser, rear moulding, side view mirror bases, driving zone, air boxes
    Most sticky surfaces professionally refinished
    Carbon Ceramic Brakes
    New Clutch 4K miles ago
    IPOD Connection
    Front & Rear Parking Sensors
    High Power HiFi w CD Player and Subwoofer
    Red Brake Calipers
    Yellow Tach
    Electric Seats
    Scuderia Shields
    Meticulously Maintained
    All recent year's service records
    Never Tracked
    Compression and Leak down test done when I purchased in 2017 - have results (excellent)
    California Car Cover
    Tools and Battery Charger
    Ferrari Flashlight
    2 keys
    Alarm
    Remote door locks
    All books
    Always annually serviced
    Clean Carfax
    No Accidents, No dings, No scratches, No wheel rash
    All functions work properly
    Fabspeed Silencer and Stainless Steel Tail Pipes w Exhaust Valves - all orig. OEM parts avail.
    No Rattles or Vibrations
    Tracks dead straight
    3M Protection Front Bumper and Wheel Wells
    Interior Leather recently Professionally Cleaned including light Bolster wear repaired back to as new condition
    Never Driven Rain or Snow
    Must Be Seen and Driven, a Real Cream Puff
    $125,000.
    Call 908-397-4514 Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

PBT58, alum04org and rampante550 like this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what was the sticker on that car? looks nice.

3. Loucho26

Loucho26 Rookie

May 19, 2019
    New york
    Full Name:
    Anzelmo giovanniello
    Why clutch so soon

4. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    Apparently the previous owner drove the car primarily in automatic mode which as you know eats up these type of clutches. When I bought the car in '17 it had 6600 miles and 30% life left on the clutch so as part of my negotiation with the seller they agreed to replace the clutch for me before I bought the car. I had this done by Classic Coach in Elizabeth NJ (one of if not the oldest factory authorized Ferrari repair shop in the country). Another thing I had done on the car before I bought it (by the way the MOST IMPORTANT thing you can do before buying a used Ferrari) is I had Classic Coach perform a compression test and a leak down test - the results spec'd out like a new engine - I have the these results available for your review if you are interested; when buying one of these cars the condition of the engine, which is otherwise an unknown, is by far the most important consideration you should have. Remember Enzo's famous words "I build engines not cars". I had these test performed on 3 other 430's I was looking at, before I bought this car, and none of those cars tested out anywhere nearly as well. Since I bough the car it has never been driven in foul weather or in the winter further I have never tracked the car or driven it "hard". If you are looking for a high optioned car that has been meticulousy maintained this is it. While you can certainly pay less for a car you will likely end up dropping $10K or more to get it to the condition of my car.

eswilly likes this.
  5. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    what is the VIN?

6. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    ZFFEW59A880161237

7. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thank you, I had to check the vin, this is nearly identical to my 08 Spider I sold back in 2013, it was shipped to east coast.

8. asg10

asg10 Rookie

Apr 28, 2019
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Andrew G
    where in nj?

9. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
  10. DaveCos

DaveCos Rookie

Apr 6, 2013
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Dave C
    Beautiful vehicle, GLWS!

11. curvesurfer

curvesurfer Karting

Feb 26, 2018
    Redwood City, CA
    Interested. Does it have stock headers?
    Are the catalysts and emissions equipment in place? Would need to pass CA smog test.

12. Normal1959

Normal1959 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 20, 2019
    bayhill orlando
    Full Name:
    Normal59
    I sold 2 in the past and recently bought back my 3rd. 430................That's a very nice one. I have decided to die with the one I just bought. I give this sale a day or 2 before this car is gone in case anybody is considering it. My favorite car.
    GLWS
    Eric

rampante550 likes this.
  13. LvnLrg213

LvnLrg213 Rookie

Apr 4, 2011
    Still available?

14. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
  15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    What was the sticker price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vipmn1 likes this.
  16. bcar1

bcar1 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 2, 2017
    NYC/NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I keep my f355 there, you replacing it with anything?

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is all the carbon in thar car oem? what was the sticker?

18. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    All carbon fiber on the car is factory OEM except for the rear diffuser and the air box covers - I have the OEM diffuser and air box covers - the buyer can choose which ones they want. I have been told by my mechanic (Fonz at J. Scuderia, Cranbury, NJ) that the carbon fiber diffuser I have is a high quality one.

I don't know what the sticker price is as I am the 3rd owner and the window sticker was not avail. when I bought the car. Based on similarly option cars I have seen I would guess that the sticker price was at least $265K.

I just had a deal fall through because the buyer had a sudden illness in his family and has to dedicate his time and resources towards that. This buyer asked and paid for a stage II PPI (attached) including an engine compression test (see attached J. Scuderia invoice dated 07/23/20) - as you can see the results of the compression test are Excellent. Based on the PPI I had J. Scuderia make all noted repairs which included replacing both valve cover seals, all 4 Variator Control Solenoids and the O2 sensors - all these issues are normal age related maintenance issues. Further the PPI shows that the car had at some time in the past (not currently) thrown an Ignition, Starter and Accelerator code (P1755) - I had this addressed back in Apr. '18 when I had the relay replaced (see attached invoice) however Fonz at J. Scuderia recommended that I have him check the panel where the ignition wires connect because these cars apparently have a design issue where the wiring layout is such that the wires have a tendency to pull away from the termination panel; I had J. Scuderia recently address this issue by making sure that all wires are snug in the panel as well as placing supports on the wire bundles to keep them from pulling away again.

The only issue with the car is a very minor one - back in June '17 I had most of the "sticky" parts stripped and professionally re-painted by Classic Coach in Elizabeth NJ - included in this job was re-finishing the ash tray. The mount where the tiny spring that holds the ash tray door open or closed broke - because I had already had the ash tray re-finished and therefore did not want to buy a new OEM ash tray (~$350.) I have not fixed this issue - a small piece of black electrical tape secures the lid firmly and is not noticeable at all against the black paint of the ash tray.

I have always kept the car in immaculate condition both mechanically and aesthetically and can confidently say that you are not likley to find a nicer, cleaner 430 spider anywhere. If you don't believe me feel free to call J. Scuderia in Cranbury, NJ - Fonz the owner and trained Ferrari master mechanic can attest to this as he has told me that my car is the cleanest 430 he has seen i years.

I have tons of pictures as well as all receipts for work done on the car since I purchased it in Spring of '17. I also have several receipts for work done by previous owners however I do not have a complete work history for the car as it was not avail;able from the previous owner. I am happy to share these with any interested buyer however I would prefer to provide these through a one on one email exchange and not through this forum.

Attached Files:

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Consider BaT. Beautiful car. Suspect it would go for more than you’re asking. GLWS. Nicest one I’ve seen for sale.

Scott

20. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Beautiful car, and a great price. Even after picking up a 675LT spider last year I haven’t lost the appreciation for the special driving experience my 08 430 spider gives me. GLWS

21. MWP1955

MWP1955 Rookie

Sep 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marek W Piekos
    Hello, if the car is avaliable please call me 8159194555