812 Novitec springs | FerrariChat

812 Novitec springs

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Benzov12, Jul 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Benzov12

Benzov12 Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just installed Novitec springs on my 2020 812. I had already changed my wheels to 21/22 Novitec (Vossen) before the spring install with very little to no ride difference. The springs however give the car a more planted feel and it does ride better.

Image Unavailable, Please Login My dislike with the 812 even in bumpy road mode is the ride is pretty stiff. The Novitec springs do smooth this out and make the car look much more aggressive. I had the same experience with my 2018 488.

Thanks to the guys at TAG Motorsports for hooking me up with the gear and Steve at Driver Source in Houston for the professional install!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

XSQF, TOPENDMS, Nsd991 and 1 other person like this.
  2. historybuff714

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jay Singh
    Looks really good, I'm trying to get the same set up on mine. Which vossen wheels did you get? Please share some more pics. I want to see the concavity on these wheels. Did you get the alignment done from Ferrari after the new springs?
    Does lowering your car void the factory warranty?
    Thanks

3. Benzov12

Benzov12 Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The wheels are satin black Vossen NF9 branded Novitec. Below is the link to their website showing an 812 with the same setup I have on my car. My pics suck so this will give you a better idea of the offset/concavity. I think they are as concave as you can get as my 488 has ADV1 and they don't seam any more concave than the Vossens.
    • Wheel sizes 21x10 front, 22x12.5 rear
    • Tires sizes 275/30/21 front, 335/25/22 rear
    https://vossenwheels.com/galleries/ferrari-812-superfast-novitec-x-vossen-series-nf9/

Driver Source in Houston is the one that did the install and alignment. They have the proper equipment to do so as I also was skeptical that only the dealer could do it. As far as warranty, Ferrari has taken the stance with me (previous cars) that if there is a problem with the car and it is related to any aftermarket or modifications it could be something they will not cover. I have never had Ferrari say, you now have no warranty because you have aftermarket parts on your car. It really is a case by case situation. Hope this helps.

bcrzgd likes this.
  4. Benzov12

Benzov12 Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Here are some pics i just shot showing a side view to give an idea of concavity of the front and back. The wheels on the 488 are the same 21/22 setup just ADV1.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    That stance screams Super Fast......... Like the Maxell photo add....... I haven’t driven mine yet- going to COTA on Saturday. Just too damn hot.

Benzov12 likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No Ferrari will not void your warranty. Yes, they obviously do not cover the Novi springs, but other than that? No. If your dealer tells you otherwise, demand it in writing from Maranello, and then contact customer service for confirmation. I'm sure your dealer will quickly fold on that idea.

If you decide to go this route and add rear tyres that are significantly wider than the fronts, make sure you get your car corner weighted. Move at least 1% of weight forward and add 1 degree + 30-40 mins of camber ho the front, because the wide rears will add a lot of understeer. This is of course a non-issue if you only cruise and do the occassionally straight line blast, but if you like to drive and want to keep the car nimble and neutral, you need to set it up for that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Benzov12 likes this.
  7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I was told the spring change itself is a non issue. If you have the front axle lift they may say that the springs caused that specific part to fail (if it does) but changing the springs and lowering shouldn’t void anything.

That being said the factory knows of any and all software/sensor data parameters. I was told exactly how many track miles I have on my car. But changing the springs and setup won’t show up. The only way the factory will know is if your dealer sends them pics of yellow springs.

Benzov12 likes this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

Maybe it is just the picture angles, but, looks like a lot of negative camber (tires leaning to the inside), do you track often or drive a lot of twisty roads? If not, watch out for excessive wear on the inside shoulders, a flat tire can sneak up on you that way.

9. historybuff714

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jay Singh
    @Benzov12 - Thanks for sharing these amazing pics, your cars look phenomenal, I can't stop drooling loll, I was deciding between a vossen nf10 and anrky an37, I decided to go with an37's for 812. I'll be putting vossen nl4's on my incoming huracan.
    @Co-Pilota - That's great info, albeit I never race/track my cars. I'm one of those guys who like having fast cars and then drive super slow.
    @FCMD - Yes you're right about them having data parameters. The porsche guys always tell me everytime I bring my gt3 in for service. Let's hope for the best with these mods.

Benzov12 likes this.
  10. Benzov12

Benzov12 Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I see what you mean but in person it doesn’t look like that so it must be the angle of the pics.

11. Benzov12

Benzov12 Rookie

Jan 25, 2019
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I putt putt around as well...just having Ferrari’s makes me happy. I very seldom go fast in them. My wife always makes fun of me because I don’t drive them if it even looks like rain. I have other cars with more power that don’t cost near as much that I drive hard, fast, and in the rain.

12. Jeffreestylz

Jeffreestylz Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Anyone know if the Novitec lowering springs for the F12 work on the 812 as well?

13. Autolove

Autolove Karting

Jun 8, 2012
    S.A. TX.
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    Ask novitec

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    They don't share part numbers, but I would not be surprised if they physically fit. That being said, i would also be surprised if they were a good match. Let's be real, Novitec does not make a new spring unless they have to. Just look at the 488/F8/Pista. They all use the same Novi spring, even in the Spider versions. Novi does not make springs for the track, so if they could get away with using the F12 spring on the 812, I'm sure they would.

Jeffreestylz likes this.
  15. Jeffreestylz

Jeffreestylz Rookie

Mar 26, 2019
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just heard back from Novitec and the F12 springs will not work on the 812 unfortunately.

16. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #16 Frank_C, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020
    Benzov12 and Autolove like this.