Seb out of SF for 2021 | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Seb out of SF for 2021

Discussion in 'F1' started by 11506apollo, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Imagine if Seb gets beaten Lance.

ingegnere likes this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    IF Seb moves over to Racing Point in 2021, which will be Aston Martin F1 (??), Lawrence SHOULD keep Perez and get rid of his son....which is unlikely.:oops:

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    With the luck he has he’ll sign just moments before Racing Point are found Guilty of copying Mercedes and made to pay enough money to bankrupt the team, Stroll and Aston Martin

ingegnere likes this.
  4. F1fletch

F1fletch Rookie

Nov 21, 2019
    Pacifica
    Full Name:
    Darren Fletcher
    I like the move to Aston Martin for Sebastian. We all know it should be Lance who leaves, but Sebastian will thrive in an environment like they are putting together. Last weekend proves “both” Ferrari drivers make mistakes, the car and team dynamic is simply not as good as it should be. A happy, calm driver who has the arms of the team around him will do well. Let’s wait to write off Sebastian until he has a fair shake with a new team, if he gets smoked by his teammate then I will be at the head of the line asking for him to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Meh, Perez would be too much of a handful for Seb. Stroller is a pushover, it's a perfect match made in heaven. Webber 2.0

pilotoCS likes this.
  6. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    A thread on the future of Vettel? Is that the best the F1 forum has to talk about? What used to justifiably be the ultimate in motorsport, has degraded into a round table of old women playing Gin Rummy. The rules and the sport's mismanagement have systematically done the exact opposite of everything they were supposed to do. I don't see any way back. As for the drivers, imagine if the drivers of today had to use a manual transmission and a clutch and heel and toeing...I'll bet even old guys like Jackie Stewart would beat them...let alone a Senna or Prost or Lauda. For myself, I have no more reason to visit this section of FChat.

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    william and Flavio_C like this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

His team-mate will be Stroll if press is correct. Im not sure that counts as real internal competition. Not sure exactly what Stroll will learn as Seb's last 3 years are failure and then being fired with no deal ever offered. He has been written off and is in the mid field for the future. Aston is not going to be able to copy everything at all times. He has been defeated by 2 virtual rookie team mates which says much about his lack of race craft and adaptability.

He might thrive at Clonepoint but to win he needs the fastest car and P1 as he does not fare well otherwise with his lack of race craft. None of what I post is new at all. He has others to fear now, Norris etc who already exceed his calibre.

9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    How many Aston Martins are sold every year in Mexico and Germany? :rolleyes:

william likes this.
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Think the other way around: is it worse to be defeated by Checo or by 4-time world champion? :D

DF1 likes this.
  11. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Hahahha.

Or another plot twist: Lance realises that he is not F1 material and decides to step down. :D

12. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I think Gene Haas would get Perez, and obviously his money, in a heatbeat.

13. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Exactly.

14. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Getting Perez's money could help Haas stay in F1 a few more years I think. Seb would still be associated with Fiat going with Alfa or Haas so Aston Martin makes sense.

william and pilotoCS like this.
  15. DF1

No F1 driver influenced my auto purchase. With the number sold in either small, Vettel will not make much of a difference. They will get better exposure in Sports Car racing the way Porsche does it. Assuming anyone wants an Aston. They are banking on the SUV to save them. I like Aston overall. I dont care who the face is associated with the team. Ever. They are not selling race cars.

Mercedes have LH. I still dont like their product line and prefer BMW among others.

Isobel likes this.
  16. DF1

Perhaps most intriguing about the entire scenario though is which of the two drivers in Racing Point's current employ would be moved aside.

The most obvious candidate is Sergio Perez, who is understood to have a break clause in his contract that would allow Racing Point to slot in Vettel instead.

That may seem pretty harsh considering how loyal Perez has been the team, and the role he played in helping keep it alive back in 2018 when Force India was close to collapse, but F1 can be a ruthless game at times.

Let's not forget also the pretty hefty sponsorship backing that Perez brings with him: something that will not be so easy to replace.

But equally Racing Point's management must be aware that a line-up of Vettel and Perez is a stronger combination than Vettel and Stroll, and one that could be the difference between fighting for top three in the constructors' and ending up in the top five.

Could the unthinkable happen and the team actually stand Stroll down into a different role? It's hard to believe that it would, but in F1, not much is impossible.

The ball is now very much in Vettel's court, with a decision effectively needed before F1 reconvenes at Silverstone for the British Grand Prix.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/150587/why-aston-martin-is-no-longer-a-gamble-for-vettel

17. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I know it’s silly but my dislike of LH has kept me from considering a Merc anything. As you mention, there’s no lack of better options anyway. On the flip side, no amount of Kimi will ever get me to buy another Alfa...

DF1 and 375+ like this.
  18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The mind works in mysterious ways, sometimes...I make no association whatsoever between roadcars from a brand that is racing in Formula One and the drivers; I don't pay any attention at all. I don't give a ...that Daniel Ricciardo is driving a Renault in Formula one and that Renault is also manufacturing, and selling, road cars in my own country; zero attention; irrelevant.
    BUT everytime I see a Maserati in the streets, I think: "Fangio"...whom I didn't "see", or remember "following", racing: he retired in 1957, and I was born three years later. And he drove for Mercedes also.
    But to me, Maserati = 250F = Fangio. Still works today. Have a soft spot for Maseratis just for that reason. Silly, isn't it?

Rgds

DF1, 375+ and Isobel like this.
  19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I was actually thinking that.
    At some point his father (and his associates, remember) may decide to drop him from the team.
    Lance could step down and join Aston Martin Racing that runs in the WEC with GTE cars.
    He could even stick around at Racing Point/ Aston F1 as reserve driver.

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, and Grosjean would finally go !!!

21. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    That’s quite interesting. I wonder if we should conduct an informal Fchat Rorschach test of sorts to determine how the racing community at large is wired when they hear either marque/model/engine names or the names of drivers ?
    Maybe some of us wouldn’t interpret certain names to anything even involving transportation.;)
    I was born into a family of car and racing fanatics and therefore I’d almost guarantee some names would trigger an association only a portion of ‘devotees’ would recognize.
    Fwiw, I always associate Maserati with Fred Flintstone. ;) Seriously. ;).

375+ likes this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I get the Dino=Flintstone association but not Maserati. Did you take your meds today?;)

Isobel likes this.
  23. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    This will never happen. The amount of money Papa Stroll has been spending on his career is illimited. He does believe that with money he will be able to make Lance a world champion.

Isobel likes this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Maserati 250F s/n 2532/3 slept in my backyard for many years, I sat in it as a teenager. It is probably the reason I am on this website today--the one that got away.

Isobel likes this.